Best Beat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
@Tom Foolery This is a mellow jazz like record. I wonder what this one would have been if the levels were a little louder. I can here an artist over this one

@Real N Quotes The mix for the record is on point and sounds clean the clap is questionable in terms of sound selection and the kick may get more oomph with a layer of another kick; so it's more of a taste critique; but other than that this track is good. I like the fact that this one made me feel like I was traveling. This one gets my vote.

Great round you 2.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First one needed a little more instrumentation. Felt like the drums carried the beat or the levels were off so they stood out more. It's solid though.

Second one had more going on. The clap was too aggressive but everything else sounded good. It gets my vote.

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
@Tom Foolery Loved the sample. I would've loved more variation but the beat is jammin.

@Real N Quotes , that shyt was dope. Snareclap a bit too much but definitely had an MC Eith "Straight Up Menace"-feel with the piano roll.

Close actually. RNQ edges it slowly. Nice work brehs.

Daps
@Tom Foolery Cool beat. Could've used some more switch-ups to make it a little more interesting. Maybe a melody over the top that gets introduced every few bars, some sample manipulation, drops in the drums, etc. Just kinda sounded like a loop that was extended. I like the vibe of it, though.

@Real N Quotes I f**k with this. Sounds like something 'Pac or MC Eiht would've rapped over. I can't say I love the clap, but I feel like stylistically it fits this track. Sounds some throwback West Coast s**t... This one gets my vote