Roy Jones Jr Vs Pernell Whitaker : Who Ya Got?

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
They're asking who had THE BETTER CAREER people :stopitslime:

My answer is clearly Roy. 5 Division World Champ, P4P #1 for years. Sure, the latter part of his career is a mockery but its reminiscent to a lot of the older guys who fought way too long after they should've retired. But Roy in his prime was f*ckin amazing.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
obv RJJ. It aint even close. He was unanimously p4p #1 for a decade plus. No match or equal. We gotta quit with these RJJ vs ? threads guys. RJJ is the GOAT and only SRR can contest him in his prime. We've been over all this already.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
sweet pea was no slouch on the career end..undisputed lightweight champion...picked up belts at 140, 147 and 154..on the p4p lists himself..i dont think he had the highs that roy did but however he didnt have the lows that roy did either...when sweet pea finally got stopped (which had me on the couch in the common area of my dorm like :mjcry:), he retired..roy kept on going to his detriment

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If they were both the same size, I'd go with Roy.

Just too dynamic, but Pernell would definitely trouble Roy with his jab, similar to how Tarver did in the early rds of their 1st fight.

Pernell had one of the best southpaw jabs I've ever seen. :whew:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Id go with Sweat Pee, it wouldnt be as clear cut in Roys favor if the man wasnt robbed against Chavez and DLH:manny:. And Pee defensively makes up for what Roy has offensively if we are talking about some fantasy fight shyt.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This is crazy. Roy is too big for sweet pea.
I was literally like

tenor.gif

when I saw this title :mjlol:

I saw the question in the post btw but still... the title

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If they were both the same size, I'd go with Roy.

Just too dynamic, but Pernell would definitely trouble Roy with his jab, similar to how Tarver did in the early rds of their 1st fight.

Pernell had one of the best southpaw jabs I've ever seen. :whew:
Tarver isnt troubling sh1t against a 20s Roy Jones. He gets massacred.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Id go with Sweat Pee, it wouldnt be as clear cut in Roys favor if the man wasnt robbed against Chavez and DLH:manny:. And Pee defensively makes up for what Roy has offensively if we are talking about some fantasy fight shyt.

Roy is way faster than anything Whitaker ever saw..he would get caught. Floyd would too.