Roy Jones vs Marvin Hagler In prime at 160

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
160 Roy outpoints Hagler in a UD.
The movement would give his some issues, the power Roy had at 160 would have him hesitant to commit to come in.
I think SRL is too small to beat RJJ at 160
I can't think of a single fighter that could beat Roy at 160
A bit like I can't think of a fighter who could beat Shane at 135. IMHO

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
The movement would give his some issues, the power Roy had at 160 would have him hesitant to commit to come in.

No one?:mjgrin:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
huh
Floyd would beat the bricks off mosley at 135
a few others as well
he was a beast thouugh

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
huh
Floyd would beat the bricks off mosley at 135
a few others as well
he was a beast thouugh
Nah, I don't see that considering a shot to hell Shane had Floyd hurt badly at 147.
Nah I don't see that at all. I think it goes the distance Shane wins 12 rounds of hell with a few knockdowns in their.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I don't see that considering a shot to hell Shane had Floyd hurt badly at 147.
Nah I don't see that at all. I think it goes the distance Shane wins 12 rounds of hell with a few knockdowns in their.
that punch means notihng
also, at 130 had great punching power and unwordly speed
knockdowns:why:
meh, either way it woulda been a great fight

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
that punch means notihng
also, at 130 had great punching power and unwordly speed
knockdowns:why:
meh, either way it woulda been a great fight
He had pop at 130.
Punch means a lot seeing it was landed by a shot Mosley, a prime 135 mosley is giving Floyd a greater problem than he got from Castillo and I think he knocks Floyd down multiple times and outworks him and if Floyd tries to open up he is getting caught and going down.

That said I agree its a great hypothetical along with Duran for me.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Yes, I know quite a few names in that division HoFers and ATGs.
Any name you specifically want to bring up to discuss or you just asking a question?

I have to say that I disagree with your assessment of him vs. Floyd. No one dropped Floyd, so for you say Shane would've is off. Younger Floyd wouldn't have got caught like that and young Shane still didn't have defense, let's not forget that. Those punches Floyd got Shane with would've been worse at 135. Also at 135 Shane rarely outworkwd anyone, he out classed them, I can't see him out working Floyd, lol! Great fight regardless.

Now to answer your question: let's say Pac Man for starters. Go.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I have to say that I disagree with your assessment of him vs. Floyd. No one dropped Floyd, so for you say Shane would've is off. Younger Floyd wouldn't have got caught like that and young Shane still didn't have defense, let's not forget that. Those punches Floyd got Shane with would've been worse at 135. Also at 135 Shane rarely outworkwd anyone, he out classed them, I can't see him out working Floyd, lol! Great fight regardless.

Now to answer your question: let's say Pac Man for starters. Go.
Zab dropped Floyd legit they didn't call it.
I think Shane would drop floyd, in his prime the hand speed, the physicallity, the pressure, and the power at 135 would have been Castillo on steroid imho.
The other thing is at 135 Floyd was prone to being more offensive, so it also gives you more opportunities than he gave you at 147. So it works both ways.
The punches Floyd got Shane with are what he got a shot and faded Shane with, not a prime shane at 135.
Shane's pressure and rate is literally what showed when he fought at his highest level, even against Vernon, Oscar, and Winky. He brought pressure, it wasnt till he got older that he couldn't bring it consistantly or when he wanted to and needed you to come to him.

Prime shane destroys Manny at lightweight, IMHO, same reason Freddie delayed the shane fight until Shane got even more shot than he was against Floyd.
What does Manny bring to the table against a prime Shane Mosley at 135? He doesn't have a great jab to keep him off, he was prone to getting touched, he doesn't have a hand speed or foot speed advantage. Shane has a better chin and I would say Shane has more raw power than Manny as well. I just don't see it being competitive and I see it either being a one sided beatdown similar to Moralles vs Manny 1 with a knockout in Shane's favor. The jab Shane had would freeze up Manny and Shane would be turning him never allowing him to set like he did when they actually did fight.

Just my 02 though.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Zab dropped Floyd legit they didn't call it.
I think Shane would drop floyd, in his prime the hand speed, the physicallity, the pressure, and the power at 135 would have been Castillo on steroid imho.
The other thing is at 135 Floyd was prone to being more offensive, so it also gives you more opportunities than he gave you at 147. So it works both ways.
The punches Floyd got Shane with are what he got a shot and faded Shane with, not a prime shane at 135.
Shane's pressure and rate is literally what showed when he fought at his highest level, even against Vernon, Oscar, and Winky. He brought pressure, it wasnt till he got older that he couldn't bring it consistantly or when he wanted to and needed you to come to him.

Prime shane destroys Manny at lightweight, IMHO, same reason Freddie delayed the shane fight until Shane got even more shot than he was against Floyd.
What does Manny bring to the table against a prime Shane Mosley at 135? He doesn't have a great jab to keep him off, he was prone to getting touched, he doesn't have a hand speed or foot speed advantage. Shane has a better chin and I would say Shane has more raw power than Manny as well. I just don't see it being competitive and I see it either being a one sided beatdown similar to Moralles vs Manny 1 with a knockout in Shane's favor. The jab Shane had would freeze up Manny and Shane would be turning him never allowing him to set like he did when they actually did fight.

Just my 02 though.
Wow, you're really downplaying Manny's greatness in a crucial way breh. Lol, you gave Manny NO shot:mjlol:

Okay. How about ummm Meldrick?:francis:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Wow, you're really downplaying Manny's greatness in a crucial way breh. Lol, you gave Manny NO shot:mjlol:

Okay. How about ummm Meldrick?:francis:
I'm not downplaying Manny I just think when he got to 135 he and Freddie started to cherry pick names and fighters so a lot of what he did at 135 (Diaz when he wasn't close to being top level in the division) or fighting 147 shot mosley, shot de la hoya who was getting a IV pre fight, stealing fights from Marquez until he got laid out, fighting 1 eyed Margo, and etc just don't mean much to me in terms of legacy or showing how great he is once he moved up. Thats just my opinion. That said I don't think or I'm not trying to slight him, I just think prime Mosley was that good.

Meldrick is a tough one, but I think his style plays into what Shane does best.
Meldrick never fought at lightweight.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
I'm not downplaying Manny I just think when he got to 135 he and Freddie started to cherry pick names and fighters so a lot of what he did at 135 (Diaz when he wasn't close to being top level in the division) or fighting 147 shot mosley, shot de la hoya who was getting a IV pre fight, stealing fights from Marquez until he got laid out, fighting 1 eyed Margo, and etc just don't mean much to me in terms of legacy or showing how great he is once he moved up. Thats just my opinion. That said I don't think or I'm not trying to slight him, I just think prime Mosley was that good.

Meldrick is a tough one, but I think his style plays into what Shane does best.
Meldrick never fought at lightweight.
Yeah I know Meldrick fought at 140 early, but still. Before I throw out the last fighter, who did Shane beat at LW for you to feel this ?

Sweet Pea, please explain how Shane wins.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah I know Meldrick fought at 140 early, but still. Before I throw out the last fighter, who did Shane beat at LW for you to feel this ?

Sweet Pea, please explain how Shane wins.
I think Meldrick's tendency to want to stay inside and fight does him in, if say he makes it to 135 and fights mosley. The brawling is what gets him dropped and possibly stopped late. To much fighter in him for his own good and it plays into Shane's strengths.

Whitaker, is a super tough fight stylistically :smile:
I take back what I said LOL, this is one I think can beat him, this is the 50/50 one just on style.
Toss up fight I can see Shane implementing a more effective version of the gameplan McGirt had in the first fight, but I could also see Sweetpea out manuevering Shane all night and making it a ugly fight where he never gets a chance to get off too.