Royce Da 5'9'' - "Layers" [Stream & Discussion Thread)

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Bro why are you in your feelings because some cats not feeling this new joint? It's not that serious, for me it's a weed plate, other than Tabernacle, Pray, Wait and Layers the rest of that ish is forgettable. A lot of the hooks etc are ass and corny. I'm sick about it because I had big expectations for this album. I'll bump "Street Hop" wayyy more than this joint
Street Hop was dope. I think i liked a couple joints on Success Is Certain as well

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bro why are you in your feelings because some cats not feeling this new joint? It's not that serious, for me it's a weed plate, other than Tabernacle, Pray, Wait and Layers the rest of that ish is forgettable. A lot of the hooks etc are ass and corny. I'm sick about it because I had big expectations for this album. I'll bump "Street Hop" wayyy more than this joint
Pleas are being copped by the dozens in here right now :lolbron:

More so that Royce fans hyped it up (to which I was one of them doing just that). Otherwise tho, it was still underappreciated at the time, same level as this one is. He rhyming harder on here than on there at that and over better beats ironically as well. It's whatever tho. Some of ya'll damn near think Rick Ross is the 2nd coming of Big n shyt, so I don't take most ya'll fools too seriously on the hip-hop tip. It's just funny to me.

No sense at taking a shot a Ross for some points when your man thought he was good enough to be on the title track of his latest album :sas2:

xelp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the album. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Not sure where it ranks in his catalog. Time will tell. If I just gave it a fast listen, I wouldn't be fukking with it. :manny:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.

First my homeboy put me on Tabernacle last night and I had to come see what the Coli fam had to say bout the album. Had listened to Layers but didn't check for the album...after Tabernacle I'm checking for it.

This video is hilarious...looks like that beginning is shots at Black Eye Peas and Drake