[Rumor] Sony developing game pass competitor; code name “Spartacus “. Merging PS+/Now.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I wonder who's cloud infrastructure they're going to leverage. This is going to be expensive for us Sony users and potentially MS users as well if MS decides to play the market value game. This is good news for MS because they could squeeze their user base for a higher fee and hide behind the fact that Sony is getting in the market despite the fact that their underlying costs will always be cheaper because they can leverage their own cloud infrastructure.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read it and no where did they say it will have day one PS5 games like God of War Ragnarok on there. This will more likely be merging psnow and PlayStation plus and offering new benefits. Their AAA first party games still sell quite a lot day one so I can’t see them putting them on a subscription service.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

I'll handle all the speculation so nobody else has too :handshake:

You can't compete with gamepass. You either offer the same experience (with minor differences) or you fall short.

Now 99% of all games are MULTIPLAT so duplicating what gamepass does isn't impossible. 1st party games are better on Xbox this gen so far and Sony seems to be content with giving you more of the same imo. TBC on which is better but 2021 was year of Xbox :win:

Now looking at this tweet, it's very vague, doesn't say what's included with each tier but they letting y'all know they wanna include access to PS1,2,psp games as a possible :krs: feature except that's a HORRIBLE idea. Everything that was exclusive back then been MULTIPLAT.

That would be like Microsoft going "Get the 3rd tier of gamepass so you can play Xbox originals" :gucci:

The truth is that 3rd tier will have 1st party day 1 PS5 games, they'll have all the older games too thanks to Microsoft azure. The service will not be as cheap as gamepass because they can't afford to do that, they not future proof :francis: (where did I hear that before???)

Sony stans will say it's worth it, I'll admit it's better than nothing. Starfield drops 11/11/22...

• Dap
Reactions: B86