Rumored: Undertaker's WrestleMania Opponent Is

Superstar
Daps

Yeah but you can't say they refuse to propel young stars when 1 is right there face gleaming on the poster. (Also when Rollins and Bryan closed out your last 2 Mania's)

You just proved his point. :beli:

nick-young-confused-face.png

Superstar
Daps
:beli: For what? Both guys past their prime. Streak's over, no one cares.
In 2016? :usure:

With no title or streak? :usure:

Maybe not to smarks but if you think the casual fans, the ones who's list of wrestlers they know trickle down to Cena and Taker, wouldn't care for that match you're on one. Title/streak or not. Just look at WWEs YouTube videos, anything Cena Taker Rock or Brock is guaranteed 5 Milli views

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Maybe not to smarks but if you think the casual fans, the ones who's list of wrestlers they know trickle down to Cena and Taker, wouldn't care for that match you're on one. Title/streak or not
:no:

No one has any interest in Cena/Taker as a random dream match in 2016. You have a month or so to create the feud. The reason I thought the streak breaking sucked, was because the lack of a decent feud preceding. This is hot garbage.

But if Cena loses to a 50+ yr old and shakes his hand at the end :ehh:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Maybe not to smarks but if you think the casual fans, the ones who's list of wrestlers they know trickle down to Cena and Taker, wouldn't care for that match you're on one. Title/streak or not
I mean its the best they can do given the circumstances but its not a marquee dream matchup or anything. The stakes aren't as high as they should be. If Taker loses and its his farewell match, no one needs or has use for the rub of retiring him LESS than Cena, but at the same time they haven't built upcoming guys up enough so they're limited in other options. They've painted themselves into a corner w their stupid decisions, as usual.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
cena comes out and says his done it all , except beat the Undertaker

Wrestlemania comes and after 35 kickouts Cena over comes the odds and hits another F-U

Match ends with Undertaker and Cena shaking hands

Welcome

Superstar
Daps
:no:

No one has any interest in Cena/Taker as a random dream match in 2016. You have a month or so to create the feud. The reason I thought the streak breaking sucked, was because the lack of a decent feud preceding. This is hot garbage.

But if Cena loses to a 50+ yr old and shakes his hand at the end :ehh:

:mjlol: I'm not gonna argue as to whether or not Cena vs Taker would attract viewers, its pretty much a foregone conclusion that people want to see that match, I'm not sure why this board doesn't like it.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah but you can't say they refuse to propel young stars when 1 is right there face gleaming on the poster. (Also when Rollins and Bryan closed out your last 2 Mania's)
You can when it's been the same people opening raw for 20 minutes the last 15 years, and the champion of your company is 46 years old and hasn't wrestled in over a year and only comes in when it's convenient for him(see Punk 2011)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Maybe not to smarks but if you think the casual fans, the ones who's list of wrestlers they know trickle down to Cena and Taker, wouldn't care for that match you're on one. Title/streak or not. Just look at WWEs YouTube videos, anything Cena Taker Rock or Brock is guaranteed 5 Milli views
Casual fans? Sounds more like you're talking about kids

Kids ain't the ones purchasing anything.

Fact is, there is no intrigue in this match in 2016. No matter who wins or loses, nothing is gained or loss.

MrSinnister

Daps
:mjlol: I'm not gonna argue as to whether or not Cena vs Taker would attract viewers, its pretty much a foregone conclusion that people want to see that match, I'm not sure why this board doesn't like it.
I know, because it can't be argued. It's good to stand down on this one. What, is Cena gonna just show up at WM and pull a Bray? :lolbron: What would the feud even be about. Nah, people just want to see old ass Taker wrestle every year, huh?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Do we know if this is a scraped poster or that they haven't updated all the posters for the card?

We knew for months this would be the co-Main Event, and Cena is still trying to get back for it we know that much, but it seems that info Meltzer got was kinda strong

And he did repeat that it wasnt something that someone would swerve him on.

Look, I believe as of a week ago they were juggling with 3 options for Taker from Strouman to Cena to this inactive wrestler and I think as of 3 days ago they made their decision (Maybe cause John aint realistically coming back in time) so its hard to say this poster means anything.

Hell, plans do change and WWE might watch the next two weeks to see who is more ready for a month's time: Cena or the inactive wrestler (Who I'm starting think might be Shawn)

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:what:Cena vs Taker draws a million buyrates and tickets no questions asked

Maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I do wonder if the casual fan who gives you millions of buyrates and tickets goes "Yeah but they wrestled before right? They must have? They still haven't? Isnt it a bit too late?" if you ask them now though.

MrSinnister

Daps
Maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I do wonder if the casual fan who gives you millions of buyrates and tickets goes "Yeah but they wrestled before right? They must have? They still haven't? Isnt it a bit too late?" if you ask them now though.
Yeah, it's real good they've been able to keep them apart for so long, but the Cena Taker ship has sailed. Should've have done it when both where hot on Smackdown. They've had so many opportunities to do this...and they want to do some fly by booking now? Doubt it, and it won't even get 100K extra buys, because the shyt looks thrown together.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:ld:

Just wanna remind people that before John went down with the injury and this match was still on the cards people's reaction was :patrice:at best to it.
When he had the streak intact and Cena was still the company main event guy to go over everyone, maybe it was something to look forward to but I think in many people's minds despite it being the far lesser impressive match, Sting and Taker was the thing people were still hoping for (Cause lbr casual fans just want the smoke and mirrors show of the moment of them coming face to face like some comic book movie shyt:dame:)