Rumors,feuds,and scandals from Old Black Hollywood

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
lee lee from swv was the slut of the group and was proposed to by ed lover but turned him down, then one night she and her sister destroyed his car
total used be involved in many orgies and even got recorded fukking on film numerous times during their bad boy days keisha got married to omar epps
chris stokes used to molest his acts,namely immature, and would have marques houston have sex with other younger artist as he watched. one of the original members don "half pint" santos left the group shortly afterwards. chris stokes also molested o'marion and raz b as well.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Rick James stories from Rolling Stone

:dwillhuh: wait, so this cat

was friends with Joni Mitchell
Had Neil Young signed to Motown
Woke up on Stephen Stills couch and saw a fukked up Jim Morrison bleeding out
fukked Daisy Duke, Linda Blair, David Bowie's wife AND Marvin Gaye's wife
Had Salvador Dali draw his ass
Smuggled drugs to/from India
Basically freestyled Superfreak

On top of all the other stories?

What the hell kinda life.... that nikka legendary :wow:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Phyllis was planning on committing suicide after her concert However, she realized that some people had already discovered her plans and decided to commit suicide before the show. It was her third attempt.

She had 2 abortions in her life, which ate her up because she wanted children badly.

It was reported that Phyllis wanted to be part of the waiting to exhale soundtrack but for some reason, she wasn't chosen and it really hurt her.

She had a 7 year relationship with a woman. She needed love with anyone but she was so moody and depressed due to her bipolar disorder that relationships were difficult to maintain.
Poor Phyllis...

:mjcry:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
a little more on Sam Cooke

1b38a18cdd33cff3b996bdd158cd4265.jpg
The personal inventory of Cooke’s corpse included a wristwatch and a jacket with a money clip containing $108 and some loose change in the pocket. Oh, and a single shoe. Police found a bottle of Scotch and a copy of the newspaper “Muhammad Speaks” in the back seat of Sam’s cherry red Ferrari. The pile of clothes Elisa said she stashed under a stairwell were never found as was Cooke’s wallet containing a driver’s license and credit cards (no subsequent purchases were ever made with the cards). A search of Boyer’s purse showed that she had only a twenty dollar bill. Sam Cooke is believed to have retrieved $5,000 in cash from a safe deposit box earlier in the day. Al Schmitt reported that Sam was flashing about $1,000 at the bar the night before. It has never been determined where that money went.
At 6 a.m., Sam’s widow Barbara greeted the news with hysterics, trying to shield their two young children from reporters and fans who were gathering at their house. At a coroner’s inquest five days later, Elisa Boyer, Bertha Franklin, Evelyn Carr and other witnesses recounted their stories in a short hearing that barely allowed Sam’s lawyer enough time to ask one question. In just two hours, the inquest was complete. Tests showed that at the time of death, Sam had a blood alcohol level of .16 (twice the legal limit for driving). The shooting was ruled “justifiable homicide.” and the case was closed.
Sam Cooke’s L.A. funeral included three full days of viewing. His $4,000 casket was specially fitted with a glass top to allow his fans (including heavyweight boxing champion Cassius Clay, a.k.a. Muhammad Ali) one last look. Cooke’s remains were flown to Chicago for a funeral service in his hometown then returned to Hollywood for another funeral. The Staple Singers, Lou Rawls, Billy Preston and Ray Charles all presented musical tributes to Sam. Sam Cooke’s body was buried in the “Garden of Honor” in Hollywood’s Forest Lawn cemetery just a few miles away from his home. There he rests alongside some of the biggest names in the history of Hollywood: Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Jimmy Stewart, Jean Harlow, Humphrey Bogart, Mary Pickford, Errol Flynn, Spencer Tracy, George Burns & Gracie Allen, W.C. Fields, Tom Mix, Sammy Davis Jr., Walt Disney, Red Skelton, Ted Knight, Nat King Cole, William Boyd (“Hopalong Cassidy”) plus western author Louis L’Amour and the Wizard of Oz’s L. Frank Baum.
Although he sang like one, Sam Cooke was no angel. He was always known as a womanizer. As his friend Bumps Blackwell once said, “Sam would walk past a good girl to get to a hooker.” Over the span of a five week period from March to April 1952, three young women each gave birth to a daughter fathered by Cooke. He was beset by paternity lawsuits up until his death and most were quietly settled with payoffs. Despite his gospel music roots, he epitomized the Hollywood lifestyle: Live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse.
As for Barbara Cooke, her husband’s infidelity was nothing new to her and likewise, she was no angel herself. Keep in mind that the couple was still dealing with the loss of their toddler son Vincent, who drowned in the pool of the family’s Hollywood home in June of the previous year — a tragedy that many said Sam still blamed her for. At the time of Sam’s tragic death, she was having an affair with a local bartender. On the day of Sam’s funeral, friends and family were aghast when her paramour showed up wearing Sam’s ring and the watch he was wearing at the time of his death.

:huhldup:

No shame...

Can't blame her...

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Then again, life with Tammi surely had its fringe benefits. Nothing close to the precious, fragile protagonist on the classic duets she would record with Marvin Gaye, her image could best be summed up by a line from one of those duets — “I play the game, a fantasy. I pretend but I’m not in reality.” The real Terrell was a hard-drinking, hard-loving, foulmouthed, erratic hornet of a woman — a virtual analog of Ruffin himself. And as she had done while with James Brown, she may have worn the consequences of it all over her body during her sadomasochistic romance with Ruffin.
Most of Motown, including Gordy, who lusted for her as well, looked away from the welts and bruises Terrellcouldn’t hide, rationalizing that she not only willingly stayed in the relationship but never really complained about it. Further, there was the old chestnut that if she was being slapped around, it was just “David being David.” Even today, Otis is no more committal about the subject than the clipped understatement that “David could be kinda rough on a lady at times.”
Within the Motown fraternity, who as students of Gordy were inured to see and treat women as mere objects, neither is Terrell much of a martyr, or even a victim. Because she gave as good as she got, some wonder just which of these two wretched souls had been more abused by the other. Otis, in fact, says that before Terrell hit town, he had “heard things” about her.
“When you’re out there on the road like we were, you hear and see things. We knew all about Tammi and James Brown. We knew how James Brown was about women, that he would flip a woman’s ass. And back then, you wouldn’t ever get the woman’s side so people would assume, family or not, he flipped her ass because she provoked him to.”
Adds Billy Wilson, “When Tammi came to Motown, she as damaged goods, mentally and physically, because of James Brown having beaten the shyt out of her. She was a hostile firecracker, a hot-tempered girl, a real handful. And what happened was, Genna was … see, not everybody kissed his ass. Genna didn’t. She was a thorn in his side. So when she’d gotten kind of dumpy, David went hustling on some major p*ssy. That was the difference between David and the rest of the Tempts. Otis never got major p*ssy. Melvin, Paul, Eddie; they had to settle for lesser p*ssy. David got major p*ssy. Let me tell you, Tammi Terrell was major p*ssy.
“Of course, she also was an accident waiting to happen. She was wild, she’d been turned on to drugs, hard drugs, cocaine. She got David hooked on drugs. That’s a fact. Look, David was an accident waiting to happen too, but she got him into all his destructive behavior. Him roughing her up, I’m not making excuses for that. But it was a factor of what Tammiwas.
And so, whoever was more to blame, these codependents in madness and excess just went ondestroying each other, and for Ruffin the worst consequences of getting “major p*ssy” would become all too clear, all too soon.
Poor Tammi. This is incredibly sad. James Brown turned her into a demon before she passed...

:picard:

And James Brown himself had a hard life that turned him the way he was. Seems like these black singers had hard lives as children and passed on their demons to other black singers, causing an industry wide domino effect of sorts...

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Sammy Davis

Kennedy Snubs Davis
But not even Sinatra's friendship could get Davis into Kennedy's inauguration. When Davis married the glamorous blonde Swedish actress, Britt, in 1960, it not only made headlines, it inspired death threats and demonstrations and forced Davis to hire 24-hour armed guards. Though Davis had campaigned tirelessly, alongside Sinatra, to get Kennedy elected, his daughter wrote that after his interracial marriage, which at the time was forbidden by law in 31 states, her father's name was dropped from the list of entertainers at the president's inaugural party hosted by Sinatra.

Britt and Davis would split seven years later. Though their daughter says she was the love of his life, Davis couldn't give up chasing stardom and was hardly ever home.

How Davis Lost an Eye and Became a Jew
In 1953, Davis struck up a friendship with comedian and host Eddie Cantor, who gave him a mezuzah. But instead of putting it by his door, as a traditional blessing, Davis would wear it around his neck as a good luck charm. The only time he forgot it, one night in 1954, he crashed his car on a way to a gig in California. Davis' face hit the steering wheel, fracturing the bones in his face and leaving his left eye dangling from his socket. He was forced to get an artificial eye and learn how to find his balance on stage again. After much soul-searching about his life up to that point, he decided to convert to Judaism. Later he would joke about being the only "black, Puerto Rican, one-eyed Jewish entertainer" in the world.

How Davis Survived Racism in the Army
While in the Army, the 17-year-old, 5-foot-6, 120-pound entertainer was repeatedly beaten and humiliated by the white soldiers in his unit until a sergeant named Williams taught him how to use his talent and not his fists to fight racial ignorance. "Sergeant Williams was my savior," Davis said in the book. "I owe him my life. He tempered all the humiliation I felt from my unit. He distracted me from all my rage, all my anger. I wouldn't have survived the army without him." Davis' daughter writes that Williams taught the entertainer, who had never attended school, how to read and write.

"With all the racial tension I endured, I never turned around and hated right back," Davis said in the book. "There was always some white guy like Sergeant Williams or Frank Sinatra, who helped me back up."

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
@Paradise Al Green had a habit of putting his hands on women

In 1974, singer Al Green was charged in a $100,000 civil suit for allegedly beating Linda Wills in his Memphis office. According to Wills, the violence started after she asked Green, why she had been fired from her job as a business manager at Al Green Music Publishing. Both parties also had a heated dispute about back pay-and without warning, Green allegedly started beating her.

Wills was allegedly taken to a hospital by Green's sister where she was treated for contusions, bruises and bleeding from the head.

This case was eventually settled out of court.

In 1979, Al Green was cleared of assault and battery on another woman (Lovie Smith).

*It's been rumored for years that Al Green and Patti LaBelle got into a heated altercation (backstage) when they were appearing in a play. Allegedly, the argument ensued when it was revealed that Patti (was taking time off) from the play to attend her sister's funeral.
I wonder if it's the same sister that's been missing since '13. Al is from here (Grand Rapids) and still has a lot of family here including his sister that disappeared from her supportive housing unit. She was last seen going into a liquor store downtown. She suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. They ran a story on the news about her talking about how it's been almost four years, and the family is still looking for her. Don't sound good :mjcry:.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
lee lee from swv was the slut of the group and was proposed to by ed lover but turned him down, then one night she and her sister destroyed his car
total used be involved in many orgies and even got recorded fukking on film numerous times during their bad boy days keisha got married to omar epps
chris stokes used to molest his acts,namely immature, and would have marques houston have sex with other younger artist as he watched. one of the original members don "half pint" santos left the group shortly afterwards. chris stokes also molested o'marion and raz b as well.

:gucci:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
shyt is wild.
:hhh:

Chris Stokes Confesses to Child Molesting of B2K and Marques Houston | TimeSocket

Later on in the video, Ricky Romance calls Chris Stokes who seems to admit to the allegations:

“I don’t do that anymore, That was me years ago … I just don’t do that in my life anymore.”

:scust:
If you've ever watched the movie Romeo + Juliet, the black boy who's the lead singer in the choir (who's real name is Quindon Tarver) was also molested by that freak

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
shyt is wild.
:hhh:

Chris Stokes Confesses to Child Molesting of B2K and Marques Houston | TimeSocket

Later on in the video, Ricky Romance calls Chris Stokes who seems to admit to the allegations:

“I don’t do that anymore, That was me years ago … I just don’t do that in my life anymore.”

:scust:

I wrote about this before, i'll do it again for this thread. I used to get my haircut in north hollywood at the blade barbershop. This was around the time raz b went nuclear on chris stokes and everybody associated with him.

I put the car in park and I see this dude raz b in a t shirt and pajama pants literally harrassing cacs trying to give out business cards and pamphlets. I get out the car and hear this dude talking bout he got sodomized and molested by chris stokes and marques houston. Mane them cacs was tryna get away from him on some...:scust:..:hubie: . .type shyt

I'm nearing the guy and all of a sudden its...:mjpls:..and he doesn't have a story, cards, and pamphlets to pass out. That's cool tho, I drove here for the haircut brother.

Get out the shop after my cut and he hops out of this raggedy old ass suburban tahoe type of car. The same type that I always saw carl payne driving round northridge but thats a story for another day. Now he wanna testify... I hit him with the sorry that happened but I gotta go bruh..:francis:

You can look at chrish stokes and just tell he is a gay devil. But this marques houston guy? Yeah i used to see him all the time at the topanga mall(promenade)with omarion's chubby brother who looks just like him. This guy would just be staring dudes down...Ninja stared me down at a stoplight as I was leaving fresh and easy in sylmar and I put that on everything I love..:scust:

Last edited:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wrote about this before, i'll do it again for this thread. I used to get my haircut in north hollywood at the blade barbershop. This was around the time raz b went nuclear on chris stokes and everybody associated with him.

I put the car in park and I see this dude raz b in a t shirt and pajama pants literally harrassing cacs trying to give out business cards and pamphlets. I get out the car and hear this dude talking bout he got sodomized and molested by chris stokes and marques houston. Mane them cacs was tryna get away from him on some...:scust:..:hubie: . .type shyt

I'm nearing the guy and all of a sudden its...:mjpls:..and he doesn't have a story, cards, and pamphlets to pass out. That's cool tho, I drove here for the haircut brother.

Get out the shop after my cut and he hops out of this raggedy old ass suburban tahoe type of car. The same type that I always saw carl payne driving round northridge but thats a story for another day. Now he wanna testify... I hit him with the sorry that happened but I gotta go bruh..:francis:

You can look at chrish stokes and just tell he is a gay devil. But this marques houston guy? Yeah i used to see him all the time at the topanga mall(promenade)with omarion's chubby brother who looks just like him. This guy would just be staring dudes down...Ninja stared me down at a stoplight as I was leaving fresh and easy in sylmar and I put that on everything I love..:scust:
Drop that Carl Payne story breh