Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont think the russians care. the ukrainian manpower shortage and the fact that the war is still just attritional are really all that matter right now.

The only good thing from the bill for Russia is that it didn't include +100,000 freshly printed and trained soldiers for Ukraine to use at their will.

You will still have Russians dying but other than that the bill just delays the inevitable.

I get all of that. I've said before that ultimately the US policy is to simply cause Russia as much pain as possible. Of course, unless there is some cataclysmic shift in Russian leadership and priorities, eventually Ukraine will be forced to some kind of negotiated border "peace." That being said, every single appropriation hurts Russia - it's why they've been leaning so hard on their allies in the US Congress to delay/defeat the Ukraine aid bills.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I get all of that. I've said before that ultimately the US policy is to simply cause Russia as much pain as possible. Of course, unless there is some cataclysmic shift in Russian leadership and priorities, eventually Ukraine will be forced to some kind of negotiated border "peace." That being said, every single appropriation hurts Russia - it's why they've been leaning so hard on their allies in the US Congress to delay/defeat the Ukraine aid bills.
according to recent articles, the russian economy and military are trending positive. i dont even see the pain that makes all of this money and ukrainian blood worth it

i dont give much credence to russiagate conspiracies. i think the most sensible observation is the republicans are playing politics with ukraine funding because it can hurt biden and serve as a negotiating tool to get things they want.

and the way i see it, a negotiated border peace is only the good option; the other option is political collapse in ukraine if the status quo remains for a couple more years. they need something drastic, like a wholesale upgrade in air power or a massive insertion of french foreign legion troops.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
according to recent articles, the russian economy and military are trending positive. i dont even see the pain that makes all of this money and ukrainian blood worth it

i dont give much credence to russiagate conspiracies. i think the most sensible observation is the republicans are playing politics with ukraine funding because it can hurt biden and serve as a negotiating tool to get things they want.

and the way i see it, a negotiated border peace is only the good option; the other option is political collapse in ukraine if the status quo remains for a couple more years. they need something drastic, like a wholesale upgrade in air power or a massive insertion of french foreign legion troops.

Wartime economies are associated with growth in the short term but are not sustainable long term. Industries directly associated benefit but other areas will begin to wither as more resources (especially educated/technically savvy people) are directed towards the war effort.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Wartime economies are associated with growth in the short term but are not sustainable long term. Industries directly associated benefit but other areas will begin to wither as more resources (especially educated/technically savvy people) are directed towards the war effort.
yeah, im sure russia's economy will revert to a shythole mean, but that's what they are used to.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
yeah, im sure russia's economy will revert to a shythole mean, but that's what they are used to.

Think you’re really underestimating the impact of sanctions, decoupling, natural death rates, war deaths and brain drain from this disaster… Russia was already in a downward spiral this conflict just sped up the clock significantly

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin

:heh:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

Think you’re really underestimating the impact of sanctions, decoupling, natural death rates, war deaths and brain drain from this disaster… Russia was already in a downward spiral this conflict just sped up the clock significantly
i think there has been a pattern of wishful thinking and exaggeration by some western pundits over these past couple years. i take the most doom and gloom assessments with a grain of salt. i suppose anything could happen, but so far, that has been the better approach.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

:salute: