Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yeah, last I heard from a guy that's on the ground over there, Russia just had a successful offensive that conquered like 20 villages.

Apparently, Ukraine is a bit disorganized at the front, and the men are war-weary because the can't catch a break.
Their also running out of men:francis:

Russia however will send 10k to the meat grinder then next month send 10k more.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox

What exactly do the HL warmongerers think is going to go any differently at any point? I've been talking about this for the last two years, I don't even think "predicting" is fair because we already saw it happening in real time. The war is going to keep going, Ukrainians will keep dying, and the endgame is....what exactly?
I think Ukraine is screwed. Putin seems hellbent on conquering them, and I think it'll happen unless a regime change occurs on either side, or NATO gets involved. Both seem highly unlikely.

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Russia gains 2024
_133131858_ukraine_russian_control_whole_areas_map-nc.png.webp

IMG-3726.jpg

Putin literally just fired his defense minister and he will likely be going out the next open window soon. But the war is going great for Russia :dead:

Once Biden decided he wasn’t going to give offensive weapons to Ukraine it was always going to devolve into a defensive war. Russia is still battering itself against Ukrainian defenses, still selling its oil for pennies and still dying in droves for almost 0 territory. This offensive in Kharkiv one of the most fortified of the Ukrainian lines has to be the most idiotic thing they’ve done so far as to why they are experiencing their highest casualty figures

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Russia gains 2024
_133131858_ukraine_russian_control_whole_areas_map-nc.png.webp

IMG-3726.jpg

I'm not sure what the point of posting a five-week old map is when discussing a four-day old offensive, but exactly what do you imagine your point was? How much territory did Ukraine win back in their summer offensive last year, and how much of that are they likely to keep this year?

I don't think the war is "going well for Russia", but why is that the point? Is it going well for Ukraine either? I'll ask you directly the same question I asked - what do you believe Ukraine's endgame is here?

Putin literally just fired his defense minister and he will likely be going out the next open window soon. But the war is going great for Russia :dead:

He didn't fire him (it was a lateral transfer), and it's virtually certain that he's not going out a window anytime soon. If he is killed soon, I'll admit that you had more insight on that note than I did, but I think you already know how that's going to turn out.

Now, did Zelensky already fire his Commander in Chief three months ago or not? And his head of security earlier this week? So by your standards, is the war going well for Ukraine?

Once Biden decided he wasn’t going to give offensive weapons to Ukraine it was always going to devolve into a defensive war. Russia is still battering itself against Ukrainian defenses, still selling its oil for pennies and still dying in droves for almost 0 territory.

Russian oil profits actually doubled this year.

And it seems increasingly likely that they will do better in a war of attrition than Ukraine will. US estimate is that Ukrainian forces have suffered over 200,000 killed and wounded (not even counting civilians), while Russians are at 350,000+. Sure, more Russians have died, but Russia's population is 4x larger than Ukraine's and Putin doesn't give a flying fukk about casualties. So you do the math.

What is the Ukrainian endgame?

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, last I heard from a guy that's on the ground over there, Russia just had a successful offensive that conquered like 20 villages.

It’s actually defense in depth. The Ukrainians pulled back to pre-established fortifications once they realized that the Russians were going on an offensive in the area.

Apparently, Ukraine is a bit disorganized at the front, and the men are war-weary because the can't catch a break.
Seems pretty organized to me considered the Russian casualties are the highest since the war began and the line of contact has shifted minimally over the last 24 hours

I think Ukraine is screwed. Putin seems hellbent on conquering them, and I think it'll happen unless a regime change occurs on either side, or NATO gets involved. Both seem highly unlikely.

You guys are still trying to push this fiction? Russia doesn’t have the manpower nor the logistics to “conquer” Ukraine. You are talking multiple metropolises with millions of people. Something Russia didn’t have the ability to do when Ukraine wasn’t getting flooded with weapons and soldiers.

Putin is trying to push the borders east far enough so Ukraine can’t strike within Russia and to negotiate so he can keep what he’s captured. He wants to demoralize Ukraine and the west so they negotiate a ceasefire on his terms.

Last edited:

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Russia can’t defend its airspace, can’t operate ships in the Black Sea, and can’t stop Ukraine from destroying istsrefining compactly. But the war is going well because Putin sent a few thousand men to die to capture a village :mjlol:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Russia can’t defend its airspace, can’t operate ships in the Black Sea, and can’t stop Ukraine from destroying istsrefining compactly. But the war is going well because Putin sent a few thousand men to die to capture a village :mjlol:

I'd rather listen to this guy that is working with the logistics component in Ukraine instead of TheColi's resident Keyboard Commander:mjlol:

The kat that's documenting the war is actually over there. I have no idea why you níggas stay posting tweets like that's the end-all, be-all.

*Posts a tweet of Ukraine bombing an oil refinery in Russia*

"Ukraine is pushing their shyt in, guys:whoo:!"

Last edited:

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd rather listen to this guy that is working with the logistics component in Ukraine instead of TheColi's resident Keyboard Commander:mjlol:

9 villages not 20? :mjlol:

Ukraine is operating defense in depth. Forward defenses would expose Ukrainian units to Russian artillery and possibly encirclement so they retreat to pre established defenses and catch Russian troops in a kill zone.

We know this because the Russians are no longer advancing at the same pace and are suffering the highest casualties since the war began. Which even your guy in Ukraine says.

These guys are in Ukraine as well so I don’t know what the he’ll you are talking about.

Putin calls an emergency meeting with Xi in China and is now talking about Chinas peace plan. Yep sounds like he’s going to move on Kyiv any day now :laff:
The kat that's documenting the war is actually over there. I have no idea why you níggas stay posting tweets like that's the end-all, be-all.

*Posts a tweet of Ukraine bombing an oil refinery in Russia*

"Ukraine is pushing their shyt in, guys:whoo:!"
Don’t forget smoked an airfield

:umad:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
9 villages not 20? :mjlol:

Ukraine is operating defense in depth. Forward defenses would expose Ukrainian units to Russian artillery and possibly encirclement so they retreat to pre established defenses and catch Russian troops in a kill zone.

We know this because the Russians are no longer advancing at the same pace and are suffering the highest casualties since the war began. Which even your guy in Ukraine says.

These guys are in Ukraine as well so I don’t know what the he’ll you are talking about.

Putin calls an emergency meeting with Xi in China and is now talking about Chinas peace plan. Yep sounds like he’s going to move on Kyiv any day now :laff:

Don’t forget smoked an airfield

:umad:

Master Strategist disagrees

“Everything is going to plan”