Ryback has been going off on WWE lately

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The thing that guys like Ryback don't realize is that even if he's 100% right, he's always gonna look like a bitter loser with a grudge.

Sucks, but that's the perception. It would take someone who actually left on good terms to get people's attention with this stuff.

And that’s why it’s BS and frustrating cuz it should’ve have to be like that.

The truth should’ve always be valued and respected as the truth no matter the source

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
That’s not the point. WWE makes a fortune on those shows and pays the bare minimum to the talent. Ryback said he was in the main event during that run of shows and was only paid less than 2k per show on gates of $300k+. He also said that of course the money is good and the talent is thankful for making it, but the point is WWE is making 10 fold compared to what they pay the entire roster. It should be more.

CM Punk actually said the same thing about WWE paying the talent terribly in comparison to how much money they actually make. He also said that WWE wants to hire the type of people who are just happy to make $500k per year when they’re really worth millions.

I wouldn't be shocked if WWE is severely underpaid compared to say other show actors or professional sport league athletes per wrestler by organization revenue

Only thing that will increase the pay is either a union keeping Vince honest or competition from AEW stealing talent

Vince buying WCW was one of the worst things to happen to fans and performers ... no matter how excited I may have been at the potential of the brand war at the time as a young teen...which they botched anyway

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That’s not the point. WWE makes a fortune on those shows and pays the bare minimum to the talent. Ryback said he was in the main event during that run of shows and was only paid less than 2k per show on gates of $300k+. He also said that of course the money is good and the talent is thankful for making it, but the point is WWE is making 10 fold compared to what they pay the entire roster. It should be more.

CM Punk actually said the same thing about WWE paying the talent terribly in comparison to how much money they actually make. He also said that WWE wants to hire the type of people who are just happy to make $500k per year when they’re really worth millions.
I wish I could remember where I heard (it might’ve been on here or John Oliver), but I recall hearing that they only take home 8% of the company revenue.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I wish I could remember where I heard (it might’ve been on here or John Oliver), but I recall hearing that they only take home 8% of the company revenue.

that's definitely in the ballpark. numerous sources have claimed that only around 5-8% goes to the in-ring talent.

just do the math, last year WWE generated $903 million in revenue. they have also gone on record in saying that the average wrestler on the main roster makes $500,000 per year and in NXT/205 Live the average is around $50,000. they currently have around 110 wrestlers on the Raw/Smackdown rosters and around 90 wrestlers on the NXT/NXT UK, and 205 Live rosters.

110 main roster wrestlers at $500,000 per year = $55,000,000
90 NXT/NXT UK, and 205 Live wrestlers at $50,000 per year = $4,500,000

obviously this is just a ballpark number, but say approximately $60 million is WWE's annual in-ring talent payroll. that's still only a little under 7% of WWE's annual revenue :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
that's definitely in the ballpark. numerous sources have claimed that only around 5-8% goes to the in-ring talent.

just do the math, last year WWE generated $903 million in revenue. they have also gone on record in saying that the average wrestler on the main roster makes $500,000 per year and in NXT/205 Live the average is around $50,000. they currently have around 110 wrestlers on the Raw/Smackdown rosters and around 90 wrestlers on the NXT/NXT UK, and 205 Live rosters.

110 main roster wrestlers at $500,000 per year = $55,000,000
90 NXT/NXT UK, and 205 Live wrestlers at $50,000 per year = $4,500,000

obviously this is just a ballpark number, but say approximately $60 million is WWE's annual in-ring talent payroll. that's still only a little under 7% of WWE's annual revenue :wow:

Good lord you broke that down:picard: