Ryback Thought Him & Brock Could Break All Time Mania Records

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ryback was very over for a minute..why front like he wasnt?

Ryback is the poster boy for when "allegedly" Vince claimed the yes chant was over not Daniel Bryan....that was not true for DB but 100% true for ryback...he was popular bc of the feed me more and music.... but that character fizzled quick because it was all a facade

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
smh @ Ryback thinking he could draw.

Furthermore I doubt Brock would work with a guy who has a rep for being unsafe... and if he does, he'd pretty much suplex him the whole match and not let him get any offense in.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Ryback is the poster boy for when "allegedly" Vince claimed the yes chant was over not Daniel Bryan....that was not true for DB but 100% true for ryback...he was popular bc of the feed me more and music.... but that character fizzled quick because it was all a facade
He didn't stand a chance...they had him job out to SHIELD all the time.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I had a similar idea for someone challenging Brock. didn't think of ryback tho. my idea included the "star" hiring Bret Hart and Kurt Angle as trainers. they would also walk him to the ring, like MMA does

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't stand a chance...they had him job out to SHIELD all the time.
Yeah that didn't help but Ryback had a few different pushes beside his initial one..he had his heyman push, his bully push, the second "feed me more" push after rybaxel when Vegas cheered him...he had his shots ....although the heyman shyt was weird

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:snoop:

WWE's biggest mistake with Ryback was shooting him to that main event to fill in for Cena... he was over but not nearly ready to be put in that spot. But all this belief that he was about to be the top guy and all that, is delusion at worst and ego at best. This idea wouldn't have worked... It's commendable that he did have initiative to throw his own ideas out there, but that wouldn't have worked.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this idea that ryback was over and wwe messed it up is pure revisionist BS...the reality is yes he was over because of a cool theme, booking, and a easy chant but was quickly exposed because ultimately it was a farce and he couldn't connect....he wasn't buried. The fans weren't clamoring for a ryback push...he was disposable and one dimensional ... he has more in common with reigns than he does Daniel Bryan

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The only fan driven star that has anything in common with Daniel Bryan of the last 11 years was Eddie Guerrero.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Idk about breaking WM records but they could've done some decent business if they still booked him strong in 2012 and didn't kill him off wit The Shield/Heel Turn. I mean dude could've at least have won the 2013 Rumble and challenged Show for the WHC at least... :yeshrug:Cena didn't need the win since he challenged Punk for the Rock match on RAW anyways :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not everybody meant to be the main star in a movie...and that's rybacks problem...he thinks he should be

The money in ryback is/was as the comedic muscle to a smaller (than him) main event heel because he's actually funny and looks like a meat head...think like tyson tomko was to Christian but on a main event level ...

You make a great point if there weren't already far less talented, far less deserving guys constantly in the main event picture. Ryback did everything that was asked of him, saw that he was over and that he was gaining momentum and wondered why he wasn't getting the same shot. Whether you agree or not, you can't be mad that he tried to shoot for the moon.

I worked at a company many years ago that was run very similar to WWE. It was all nepotism, certain people were given opportunities that others deserved, and we weren't all held to the same standards. There were 'favorites' that just always found themselves in good positions. Some because they were friends and family of management...some because they were really hot and flirted with the bosses all the time... but it was never ever based on merit. It was ridiculous and management would always come up with some bullshyt logic whenever someone took them to task. Even though everyone knew deep down at the end of the day some people were always gonna be taken care of no matter what and some weren't. Just the way it was.

Ryback was just on the outside looking in.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You make a great point if there weren't already far less talented, far less deserving guys constantly in the main event picture. Ryback did everything that was asked of him, saw that he was over and that he was gaining momentum and wondered why he wasn't getting the same shot. Whether you agree or not, you can't be mad that he tried to shoot for the moon.

I worked at a company many years ago that was run very similar to WWE. It was all nepotism, certain people were given opportunities that others deserved, and we weren't all held to the same standards. There were 'favorites' that just always found themselves in good positions. Some because they were friends and family of management...some because they were really hot and flirted with the bosses all the time... but it was never ever based on merit. It was ridiculous and management would always come up with some bullshyt logic whenever someone took them to task. Even though everyone knew deep down at the end of the day some people were always gonna be taken care of no matter what and some weren't. Just the way it was.

Ryback was just on the outside looking in.
This is probably the best I've ever seen someone explain WTF happened. He just wasn't part of the family. Nor was Barrett, Sandow, or even Cody low key.