:sadcam: Charlotte mayor caught up in corruption sting

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
How can a politician take bribes?
Most politicians take campaign money in exchange to fight for groups agenda(Hispanic community funding politicians for immigration bills; LBGT community w/ Gay rights, etc).

Good question. The way I've always understood the difference is that there is a fine line between campaign finance, and an outright bribe. Basically it boils down to the idea of a specific transaction, versus no strings attached. In campaign finance, a donor will simply give the money w/o asking for anything in particular, but with the unsaid understanding that if the candidate wins he will look out for the donor's interests. In a bribe, the donor asks for something specific to be done, and the candidate in turn asks for, or accepts, an actual dollar amount quid pro quo.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He gone be on the stand like Shiiiiit

But on the real, with so much legalized bribery available to these politicians, why would they take dirty money. A mayor of Charlotte could be caked up after office given all those financial service companies in Queen City.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Naw....entrapment involves law enforcement explicitly pressuring or aggressively persuading someone to make an illegal decision, and often that involves one that is split second, or very quick in nature. Think of a undercover agent posing as a prostitute and approaching a man asking if he wants to pay for sex, and then arresting him immediately after when he says yes. Thats entrapment.

This mayor entered these deals with sound body and mind and was clearly in command, dictating terms and figures. Plus, and perhaps most importantly, this was a years long investigation, where the mayor clearly displayed a clear pattern of corruption. You'll notice that the article said "he never gave the money back"...had he simply reconsidered and said "no guys, after consideration, I dont think this is right or legal", he woulda been fine. Hes fukked.
I'm saying.

Anyone thinking this is entrapment is delusional.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
They stay goin after the black politicians, they gave my cousin, they former mayor of new roads LA alotta time

Family Man

Banned
Bushed
Daps
He gone be on the stand like Shiiiiit

But on the real, with so much legalized bribery available to these politicians, why would they take dirty money. A mayor of Charlotte could be caked up after office given all those financial service companies in Queen City.

He got money right now. He owns E-Z Parking..that shyt is all over uptown Charlotte. He should be eating good off of that. It's a shame that he allegedly did this for what amounts to chump change.

Daps