Safe to say Netflix has the juice now? HBO lookin :flabbynsick:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Does better call Saul count as netflix? When I watch that on netflix, it's says a netflix original production before each episode :laugh:

netflix is killing it right now...my hbo backlog is finally over now I gotta work on netflix
No.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Hold on brehdle. Them tranny brothers are shyt for sure, but my nikka J. Michael Straczynski is penning the scripts and hes never been ass.

Sense8 – Executive Producer; wrote 10 episodes

I'm looking forward to that one. Premise sounds piff. Finished Daredevil and that was :wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
$8.53 a month
and this coming from a muthafukka with HBO, Showtime, NBA LP, EPIX, and MLB at bat :deadmanny:
when you smoke like I do you need all the channels :russ:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna tell people right now. My people tell me NARCOS is about to crush the buildings. We bout to see Pablo Escobar and the Medellin cartel.

With Daredevil killing it -- I'm not gonna lie HBO is in some trouble. They need True Detective season 2 to be big. They need Ballers to be a hit. And they are gonna need Westworld to be huge.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I watched the first 3 episodes of DD, and it's safe to say that netflix original programming is now rivaling HBO. They got:

House of cards
OITNB
Daredevil
Unbreakable Kimmy
Peaky Binders

with hopefully even more piff on the way. and oh yeah, netflix is filming all their new series in 4K, so cats who copped the 4K tv's FINALLY have some content to watch.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm gonna tell people right now. My people tell me NARCOS is about to crush the buildings. We bout to see Pablo Escobar and the Medellin cartel.

With Daredevil killing it -- I'm not gonna lie HBO is in some trouble. They need True Detective season 2 to be big. They need Ballers to be a hit. And they are gonna need Westworld to be huge.

as long as netflix is charging 1/2 the price of HBO and they are pumping out quality programming, I dont see what HBO is gonna do. netflix is tailor made for the cord cutters.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
as long as netflix is charging 1/2 the price of HBO and they are pumping out quality programming, I dont see what HBO is gonna do. netflix is tailor made for the cord cutters.

Theyre going dumb hard too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...uted_by_Netflix#Upcoming_original_programming

They got 3 super hero shows next year and a defenders miniseries with all their heroe together.

We're getting 4 new series in the next month and a half alone.

Theyre being aggressive as shyt and its clear why. They're gonna try to pump out quality fire shows so they dont have to rely the studios so much.

HBO got like 3 hits now and barely :pachaha:

edit: aw shyt I forgot theyre doing movies too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Netflix#Specials.2C_miniseries.2C_and_films_2

:dead:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:what: Let's be real, a lot of these Netflix original shows that y'all are cysing in this thread WOULD NOT be getting as much hype if they aired on TV. Binge-watching makes a lot of shows better watches than if you had to watch week-to week.

Getting those Marvel shows was big coupe for Netflix & the Cable networks should be slapping themselves for not hopping on it. But, I don't buy for 1 second that Netflix's original programming is better than HBO or FX.

Reading this thread got me thinking about all the slept-on or overlooked shows that air on HBO, Showtime, Starz, FX, AMC, Cinemax, & etc. that y'all would be hyping up if they were Netflix original shows.

Last edited: