San Antonio (2023-2024)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
There’s been some threads already created on here, but I’m headed there for a TDY

What’s it like out there brehs? Who’s living there now? Best places to live, places to hang, places to eat, places to shop?

What are the women like? (Please spare me the Charles Barkley stigma/take).

What’s the traffic like… etc.

Genuinely curious.. I’m an introvert and single but when alone I’m pretty open to doing things solo. I do care about being around my black folk but anyplace thats safe, cool, and non-racist is cool with me too.

But outside of the Spurs, I have no idea about that city

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
What base will you be at?

Its hot as hell, traffic is bad due to the growth but it slows down after rush hour. Best places to live depends on what you're looking for tbh. If you're a vet or active duty, you have a lot of options due to the number of bases we have. The Stone Oak area in the Northside has a lot of nice neighborhoods, but a lot of older cacs. There are some newer communities in that area as well for the younger homeowners.

The far NE side, Garden Ridge, Cibolo and Schertz are also good locations as well. I live in Cibolo and most of my neighbors are black disabled vets. Its a growing community as well so the downside is there isn't much to do for entertainment outside of the movies, but its a short drive into the city and the potential is there.

If you like Tex-Mex there are endless options. The usual fast food spots are here. Nice restaurants you got Papadeaux, Eddie V's(my favorite), Perry's Steakhouse and others.

The best place to shop is La Cantera mall...hands down.

As far as the women, yes there are a lot of bad built women here but since this is military city, there are some nice transplants here as well. Mexican women throw themselves at black men so its easy for brehs to get chose here. I don't know much about the nightlife since I'm a family man but Bentley's is a cool spot.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Overweight Mexican women. Great Mexican food. Stay away from the East and North East side (Walzem, FM 78, Austin Highway, etc). if possible. Riverwalk is a decent place to go see.

TEXAS MANDINGO

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Bring a fukking dolly nikka

Moving-Professional-Tilts-Appliance-Up-And-Slides-Dolly-Under.jpg

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yall nikkas stay in these threads with that OLD ass Charles Barkley quote :mjlol:

But I appreciate the responses so far. As far as heat goes, I’m in a hot ass city now and from the south in general. As long as it’s not Miami/Ga/Baton Rouge hot, I think ill be alright.

shyt I walk a quarter mile in the sun/heat now just to get into work

As far as living goes, I’m in talks to rent this pretty ass house now for a limited amount of time but I think it’s on the southwest side. I’m not sure yet.

And I’ll be on Lackland but I honestly have to look at it again. I didn’t realize that there were so many bases there. I want to live as close to work as possible but living near retired vets isn’t bad to me