Sarr/Savoy report on the restitution of African Art (english download)

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Was planning on posting this here but forgot...anyway for anyone's who's interested in the whole issue of the restitution of African art, here is the link to download the full report that has bene creating quie some discussion. I know there's also a book version, which I guess will also be translated, but anyway this is the official document as presented to Macron :

http://restitutionreport2018.com/?f...XAPzyOAbPcgd-dI60e5cAw4nGGSlc1U8pLcs-UUCukwXk

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Was planning on posting this here but forgot...anyway for anyone's who's interested in the whole issue of the restitution of African art, here is the link to download the full report that has bene creating quie some discussion. I know there's also a book version, which I guess will also be translated, but anyway this is the official document as presented to Macron :

http://restitutionreport2018.com/?f...XAPzyOAbPcgd-dI60e5cAw4nGGSlc1U8pLcs-UUCukwXk
It might take me a while, but this is something I am deeply passionate about. Our people don't even really understand how much our tastes have been created and manufactured (word to Dr. Amos Wilson.) Any then on top of that, the expressions of those tastes, its just tragic. From what I read of the Table of Contents this looks a little bit larger than the individual artist but it is definitely going to be deeply informative. Thanks!

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
It might take me a while, but this is something I am deeply passionate about. Our people don't even really understand how much our tastes have been created and manufactured (word to Dr. Amos Wilson.) Any then on top of that, the expressions of those tastes, its just tragic. From what I read of the Table of Contents this looks a little bit larger than the individual artist but it is definitely going to be deeply informative. Thanks!

All good breh :salute: yeah it's a big deal, indeed on how taste is fomed but even just the fact of knowing that a big part of your art, and thus history, isn't even available in your own country...and also, at a more down to earth level, giving inspiration to newer generations so that they have something to build upon.