Say Her Name: Marielle Franco, a Brazilian Politician Who Fought for Women and the Poor, Was Killed.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Read somewhere the Brazilian military coup is threatening the Supreme Court if they allow Lula to run for president again. Smh shyt is getting crazy in Brazil. And RIP this sista hope First Capital Command and Red Command could unite and start merking those cops like flies.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
People laugh at me when I say if more Brazilians of Afro descent start identifying as Black then they can potentially take over the country.
I was just about to ask something like that.

I have heard and been told that Brazil has the biggest group in diaspora and is a "black country." And the biggest black country after Nigeria

Yet census says only 7%

Is that because Brazilians are not identifying as black. Hence the real low #s

Because I heard racial identity depends on skin tone so you'll have Afro Brazililians putting down there brown/mixed instead of black?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I was just about to ask something like that.

I have heard and been told that Brazil has the biggest group in diaspora and is a "black country." And the biggest black country after Nigeria

Yet census says only 7%

Is that because Brazilians are not identifying as black. Hence the real low #s

Because I heard racial identity depends on skin tone so you'll have Afro Brazililians putting down there brown/mixed instead of black?
Yes