ScHoolboy Q Pledges Allegiance To TDE Ahead Of 'Blue Lips' Album: 'I'm Never Leaving

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
schoolboy-q-pledges-allegiance-tde-ahead-of-blue-lips-album-never-leaving-1200x675.jpg

"ScHoolboy Q has made it clear that he has no plans of leaving Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE), which is the label he built his career with.

On Sunday (February 18), a fan on Twitter asked the California native: “Is this your last album with TDE?”

“Never leaving,” Q responded while plugging his website and upcoming album’s latest music video, ““Yeern 101.”

Check out his pledge of allegiance below:

The album in question is Blue Lips, which is due out on March 1. The 17-track effort will feature a guest verse from Freddie Gibbs (who Q admitted “washed” him) but no other cameos have been revealed yet.

Last month, fellow TDE rapper Jay Rock had to set the record straight about rumored tensions in the camp, which initially began following Kendrick Lamar’s departure from the label in 2021.

In a rare message posted to his website prior to the release of 2022’s Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers in 2022, , K.Dot informed fans that it would be his final release on the label after being on the team for more than a decade.

He went on to launch his imprint, pgLang, along with longtime manager and creative collaborator Dave Free.

Around that time, TDE fans were becoming frustrated by the imprint’s inactivity. Criticism further intensified this past summer when Reason publicly called out the label for dropping the ball on his latest album, Porches.

“We had certain features lined up that could’ve went through,” the rapper complained during an appearance on the BACKONFIGG podcast. “We had the budget, we had the feature lined up, takes too long to get pushed through, feature price ended up going up or something goes away. Content ideas lined up, not executed. Rollout ideas lined up, not executed.

“It was a few different things. I had Latto lined up for something, not executed. I had EST Gee lined up, not executed. Like, us not pushing through. Features lined up, we got a price set, video and verse for the love, takes too long.”

This led to a tense back and forth between Reason and TDE co-president Anthony “Moosa” Tiffith, who disparaged his artist by calling him a “substitute teacher,” among other things."

ScHoolboy Q Pledges Allegiance To TDE Ahead Of 'Blue Lips' Album: 'I'm Never Leaving'