Scribble Jam 2003-2007 and more!

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
====================================
Scribble Jam 2003 - Prelim Emcee Battles (from Deuce Leader's official bootleg)

Published on Dec 7, 2012

Back on May 9, 2012, I uploaded the entire Brainstorm 3 tournament for the very first time. After receiving complaints from YouTube users crescentbrooks and NOLAbrookz about the audio not matching the video followed by requests for the footage to be re-uploaded, I re-posted it on June 23, 2012 with the audio and video in perfect synchronization (as well as all of the other footage on the DVD that I neglected to account for with the first upload). Two months ago, YouTube user EDBILLSTINE702 asked me if I have any prelims on Scribble Jam 03. I told him that I think there is an official bootleg of the Scribble Jam 2003 prelim battles containing footage that was filmed by Deuce Leader, which appeared to be available online for $12.99 at the time that I replied.

I told him that I was going to see if I could try to buy it soon, and that I Would make sure to upload all of the footage on the DVD if I did. NOLAbrookz told me five days ago that I should buy it soon cause he heard Deuce doesn't have many copies and that was like a year ago. That comment gave me some additional motivation to buy the DVD, and I ended up ordering a copy on Fifth Element for $8.62 (including shipping and handling). My copy arrived today, and I am happy to say that I got exactly what I paid for.

Therefore, I took time tonight to rip all of the footage (almost two hours' worth) using DVD Decrypter, and incorporated it into this video. The limited availability of this DVD is truly a shame to contemplate, and it makes me even prouder to possess a copy of it. Hopefully some of you will take the initiative to buy your own copies if you can find any others freely available and floating around on the Internet. I hope that you find this footage entertaining and enjoyable to watch.
====================
Scribble Jam 2004 - All DVD-Quality Footage (Emcee Battles, Live Performances, etc.)

Published on Aug 13, 2012

Because I wanted to do something special for my 600th upload...

There was a gentleman on this site whose name I cannot recall at the moment who was generous enough to have posted up the entire SJ04 emcee battle, as well as other selected bits of footage from the SJ04 DVD. However, for one reason or another, he decided to close his account (hopefully it didn't have anything to do with me), and I figured that I might as well try to reupload it, along with other footage which he may have neglected to upload, on this site for the enjoyment of all of the people that are still fans of SJ after all of these years and/or are just coming into their own and discovering just what a dope celebration of hip-hop culture it used to be back in the days. I figured that it wouldn't hurt, but was pretty much in order, since SJ04 is seen by many as the best Scribble ever staged (and, on top of that, the DVD is INCREDIBLY sick and awesome, even though some of the emcee battles were left out--not too many, thankfully, at least by comparison to later Scribble DVDs). Hope you enjoy the footage... just so you don't get pissed off waiting for the emcee battle to come on, I made sure to include that as the first element of the package. I ended up having to use DVD Shrink 3.2 to rip the footage, since VLC Media Player is pretty much worthless at selective rips of certain titles and/or chapters (it did provide me with a pretty good rip of the Scion commercial that appears at the beginning of the DVD, however, which is also available for viewing on my channel). Hope you enjoy the footage.

Here is a listing of the battle brackets for SJ04, based on information from Scribble Jam 2004 Bracket List
(The winners are on the left)
Round One:
DEUCE LEADER vs. Vendetta
RON NOODLES vs. Illpoetic
BORAT vs. Meta4ce
MES vs. (unknown opponent)
MAC LETHAL vs. Okwerdz
EX-I vs. (unknown opponent)
PRESENCE vs. Dese
JACK CRACKER vs. Nova Illa
SWANN vs. Flaps
ILLMACULATE vs. Johnny Blaze
WHITE MIKE vs. Madd Illz
UBIQUITOUS vs. Statik
FRANCO vs. Cipha Divine
AD vs. Dos Noun
IRON SOLOMON vs. Charles Brown
NEW MC vs. Seez Mics

Round Two:
RON NOODLES vs. Deuce Leader
BORAT vs. Mes
MAC LETHAL vs. Ex-I
JACK CRACKER vs. Presence
ILLMACULATE vs. Swann
WHITE MIKE vs. Ubiquitous
FRANCO vs. AD
NEW MC vs. Iron Solomon

Quarterfinals:
RON NOODLES vs. Borat
MAC LETHAL vs. Jack Cracker
ILLMACULATE vs. White Mike
FRANCO vs. New MC

Semifinals:
MAC LETHAL vs. Ron Noodles
ILLMACULATE vs. Franco

Final/Championship Battle:
ILLMACULATE vs. Mac Lethal

Illmaculate became the youngest champion ever to win the Scribble Jam emcee battle tournament, at the age of 17. He was working a job at a Northeast Portland aluminum extrusion plant at the time, working 10-hour days, six days a week, to save money to record his debut album. However, when a friend insisted he attend SJ04, Illmaculate quit his job after his boss declined to grant him leave after Illmaculate tried to clear vacation time (Battle Star Illmaculate).
==============================
Scribble Jam 2005 - Highlight Reel

Published on Apr 22, 2012

A few weeks ago and some time after I had uploaded a video featuring two iLLmacuLate matches from Scribble Jam 2005 (his victory in the 1st bracket over E-Dubb and his match against H-Bomb in the 2nd bracket), YouTube user supersaltyy asked me if I had H-Bomb's match in the quarter-finals against Justice. I told him that I didn't and that I hadn't been able to locate it anywhere on the Internet. I also told him that I just might buy the actual Scribble Jam 2005 DVD and rip the match myself (which I ended up doing... I got the DVD on Amazon for about $8, which, IMHO, is a VERY good deal considering the kinds of battles and beatboxing/breakdancing/concert/deejaying/graffiti footage that come with it). I noticed that the DVD had a very nice highlight reel that featured almost fifty minutes' worth of the more outstanding battles and footage from Scribble Jam 2005 (including the H-Bomb vs. Justice battle), so I decided to rip it. Hope you enjoy it... this was my first time using VLC Media Player to rip DVD video and audio, so I don't know whether or not you will find the quality to your liking (and I definitely hope that you do). If any of you would like to see more battles/performances from the DVD, please let me know (preferably in the comment section of this video), and I will do my very best to rip that footage for you.

If any of you have the money and/or resources that would enable you to do so, please see it in your hearts and take it upon yourselves to buy at least one Scribble Jam DVD... it was definitely one of the greatest yearly hip-hop festivals of all time, and proceeds generated by DVD sales may one day enable Kevin Beacham and the fine folks at Rhymesayers Entertainment to bring it back.

-SCRIBBLE JAM 2005-
SPONSORS:
URB MAGAZINE (URB | URB Magazine :: Music | Style | Culture)
CAC - CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER (WWW.CONTEMPORARYARTSCENTER.ORG)
MIGHTY FOUR FAMILY (Mighty4 Arts Foundation)
TODIEFOR - TODIEFORCLOTHING.COM (To Die For Clothing – The Original Tattoo Inspired Lifestyle Clothing since 1997)
MC BATTLE:
1ST: JUSTICE (AUSTRALIA)
2ND: IRON SOLOMON (NEW YORK)
DJ BATTLE:
1ST: SPARE CHANGE (OHIO)
2ND: BOMBAY
B-BOY BATTLE:
1ST: BRICKHEADZ (CHICAGO)
2ND: VISCOUS GERMS
BEATBOX BATTLE:
1ST: J-BEETZ
2ND: BEEHIVE
EDITED: FAT NICK & CHRIS LACOE
COVER ART: FAT NICK AND PASE
FILMED BY: CHRIS LACOE, KEVIN MILLER, CHRIS MILLER, DUG HORTON, ERIC GIRGASH, MIKE KATHMAN
SUPER 8: FAT NICK
MUSIC: NATI NOAH (ANIMAL CRACKERS), MR. DIBBS, PASE
SCRIBBLE JAM COMMITTEE:
FAT NICK, TONY HEITZ, PASE, KEVIN BEACHAM, MR. DIBBS, NATI NOAH, TRUE BLUE TAMMY, MIKE B, PHIL LIPSCHUTZ
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
CROS1, PAULSKEE, CHRIS LACOE, ANNIES NIGHTCLUB, TOPCATS, MOCKBEE, TABARI MCCOY OF CIN WEEKLY, MILDRED FALLEN OF CITYBEAT, ELIZABETH CANNON OF RED BULL, EVERYONE THAT MAKES THIS EVENT POSSIBLE!
PERFORMANCES 2005:
MASTA ACE, PRINCE PAUL, LYRICS BORN, EDAN & INSIGHT (DUPLEXX), DIPLO, SIXTOO, ONE BE LO, SPANKROCK, GLUE, I SELF DIVINE, PSALM ONE, GRAYSKUL
FOR INFO ON FUTURE SCRIBBLE JAM:
HTMLCounter.com
===================================
Scribble Jam 2005 - All DVD-Quality Footage (Emcee Battles, Live Performances, etc.)

Published on Dec 12, 2012

I recently received a request from YouTube user KoriryuVEX to re-upload the footage that I ripped from my copy of the Scribble Jam 2005 DVD with the audio in sync. I explained to him that I ripped the footage before I had learned of the existence of DVD Decrypter. I used VLC Media Player to create the original SJ05 rip--the video quality is better when I do rips with VLC, but the audio becomes desynchronized for some reason. At the cost of slightly inferior video quality, DVD Decrypter has the video and audio in perfect synchronization (or at least that has been the case in my experiences).

In light of KoriryuVEX's inquiry, I took some time tonight to create .VOB files from all of the footage on the DVD with DVD Decrypter, converted those .VOB files to .AVI format with the WinX Free VOB to AVI Converter, and transplanted all of the .AVI files into Windows Movie Maker to create the video that this description accompanies, which I hope you enjoy. Included are not only the emcee battles, but also DJ battles; beatbox battles; b-boy battles; the '05 10th anniversary graffiti show/expo (featuring art by Barnstormers, Ewok, and Merz, among others); performances by Masta Ace/Prince Paul/Duplexx aka Edan & Insight/I Self Divine/Psalm One/One Be Lo/Spankrock/Grayskul/RA the Rugged Man/Doomtree; and park interviews where SJ performers and fans speak out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
Scribble Jam 2006 - Emcee Battles

Published on Apr 30, 2012

After I ended up realizing that the Scribble Jam 2006 highlight reel is VERY lackluster compared to the SJ05 one (which had ALL of the significantly important emcee battles; the SJ06 highlight reel only featured a few emcee battles - all of them were good, but a lot of the really great ones were left out), I took it upon myself to rip all roughly 55 minutes' worth of the DVD-quality emcee battles from SJ06 (I ended up having to use DVD Shrink 3.2 to rip the emcee battles, since VLC Media Player is pretty much worthless at selective rips of certain titles and/or chapters). Hope you enjoy them.

A few emcee battles that I had been dying to see for some time are thankfully included on the DVD (Syanide's quarter-final match against Madd Illz and Tut's quarter-final match against Tantrum come to mind as immediate examples), but I ended up finding that some matches from the 1st and 2nd brackets were omitted (such as Tut's first match against Jay [Focus?] and Syanide's second match against Denku). If any of the individuals that watch this video know of some way that I could get hooked up with bootleg footage from SJ06 (that hopefully retains as many of the early matchups as possible), I will definitely take it upon myself to post that video/audio up to YouTube and give very special thanks to whoever the supplier of that footage ends up proving to be.

Shamelessly stolen from an '06 post made by longtime Scribble Jam organizer/host Kevin Beacham on rapmusic.com, here is a listing of the battle brackets for SJ06 and a summary made by Beacham of his views on the tournament:

The Winners Are On The Left:
Maddillz vs Ekzile (tx winner by tie)
Grime (mass winner) vs vendetta ('96 champ)
syanide vs half blown
denku vs microphone jones (CO winner)
seanski (mpls winner) vs moses one (san diegeo winner)
tantrum (oakland winner) vs mox
tut vs jay
illmaculte vs negashi
purpose (australia winner) vs bliss
prolific vs elfamail
neo vs tay dilly
thesarus vs moodswangz
duece leaders vs kulez (uk winner)
reef vs playdough (tx winner by tie)
sketch (chi winner) franco
presence vs stealth mc

round two
maddillz vs grime
syanide vs denku
tantrum vs seanski
tut vs illmaculate
prolific vs purpose
thesarus vs neo
duece leader vs reef (yes, yes I know the controversy...i'll get to that)
sketch vs presence

round three
maddillz vs synaide
tut vs tantrum
thesarus vs prolific
duece leader vs sketch vs reef (despite the "conspiracy" these was interesting and
a entertaining format. despite it's multiple issues)

final four
tut vs maddillz
thesaurs vs duece leader

finals: thesarus vs tut

synopsis:

1)as previously mentioned alot of people who should have been here didn't show up forcing me to pull more from the pre lim that was already bad and then in some cases I just pulled some random people "hoping" I would get lucky and someone be good since I knew what I was getting from the pre lims...no such luck..ha.

Anyway, it's very difficult to have a 32 person battle plan and then like 6 not show up cause then I can't go down to 16 cause I have too many. It hurt not having: Justice (who I admit never confirmed but said he was trying), Nocando, Quest MCcody, and a few others who sent me footage last minute that I was going to probably let skip the pre lims based on how many showed but they didn't show either...rappers.

2)alot of guys weren't on their "A" game. Thesarus definitely got there and definitely deserved the win. Maddillz impressed in how much he has improved in the pre lims and the main battle. Tut did a good job. I saw it in him in the Chicago Pre Lim that's why I invited him out again cause I knew he had it in him. Tantrum came very solid. I know he won the Oakland pre lim but I don't think he was that explosive there but it was such a small battle it was hard to tell. Reef out the box was a monster. I think he impressed the crowd/judges more than anyone out the box. Duece Leader was out his entertaining best w/o question. I think when people see the tape they will be surprised. Did he beat Reef? That's certainly debatable as that is a whole other issue....
Scribble Jam 2007 (Feature Length) Sharp shooters media

Uploaded on Oct 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/#!/S_S_Media
Follow me @ SharpShootersMedia (Exclusive content only on tumblr)

A look into scribble jam 2007, PRELIMS, Main Battles and Behind the Scenes Footage with Host PH, also featuring Nocando, Iron Solomon, Okwerdz Thesarus , Creature, Black Milk, Tame-One, Wrist, real deal, franco, A-class,
======================================
Eminem At Scribble Jam '97 (All Battles + Bonus Footage)

Published on Jul 19, 2012

This contains all Eminem's battles from Scribble Jam in good quality (yes, all rounds he had against Juice to). It also contains bonus footage and a freestyle Eminem did at Scribble Jam.

Last edited by a moderator: