Seattle agrees to raise minimum wage to $15

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It was not a disaster for middle market and higher businesses, and well led small businesses, as they were able to cut overhead (go to u-scan, terminate fte) without too much noticable difference.

For restaraunts and grocery and non-profits, it was painful. Non profits and social organizations, because while they were exempt, the wage FLOOR was raise in the city and they have to fall in line, or move to shoreline or Kent. Saw it happen live and was part of some of those decisions.

That said, it wasn't massive collapse as I projected. some businesses did move when leases were mature, and grocery store were particularly impacted, and stores that never had self scan, have installed them since (PCC, for example). And cost for everything in Seattle proper is higher than it's neighbors.
Breh them.blues(fentanyl) done took over the city..

Earls is gone :mjcry:

I stay in Udistrict and the rents are tolerable..but the market is shyt....1300 for a studio with a shared kitchen :mjgrin:

Beth's closed because the owner didn't want to keep up with maintenance..according to several workers and a manager they were net postive.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I stay in Udistrict and the rents are tolerable..but the market is shyt....1300 for a studio with a shared kitchen :mjgrin:

Beth's closed because the owner didn't want to keep up with maintenance..according to several workers and a manager they were net postive.
and yeah, I live in CD, housing is wild expensive and not getting better...smh