'Secret Six' Series Being Developed for CBS

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
DC Comics’ ‘Secret Six’ in Development as Drama Series at CBS With Production Commitment
secret-six-31.jpg

CBS is developing a drama series based on the DC Comics property “Secret Six,” Varietyhas learned.

The project, which has received a pilot production commitment at the network, follows six morally ambiguous strangers, each with their own unique specialties and secret pasts. They are brought together by an enigmatic figure who blackmails them into working as a team to expose the corruption of the corporate and political elite.

Various DC Comics characters have been members of the Secret Six over the years, including Bane, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, the Mad Hatter, and the Penguin. There is no word yet, however, on which characters would appear in the series.

Rick Muirragui will write and executive produce, with Bill Lawrence and Jeff Ingold executive producing via Doozer Productions. Warner Bros. Television, where Doozer is under an overall deal, will produce.

Muirragui most recently worked as a co-executive producer and writer on USA Network’s hit drama “Suits.” His previous credits also include “Men of a Certain Age,” “The Good Guys,” “Charmed,” and “Past Life.” He is repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson.

Lawrence is best known for creating the hit comedy series “Scrubs.” He also recently worked with CBS to develop “Rush Hour” as a series starring Justin Hires and Jon Foo. His other credits include “Spin City,” “Cougar Town,” and “Undateable.” Lawrence and Doozer Productions are repped by ICM and Morris Yorn.

DC has enjoyed a robust TV business in recent years, with five DC shows currently airing on The CW. That includes “Supergirl,” which originally aired on CBS. “Gotham” is also prepping its last season on Fox, while Syfy airs the Superman prequel series “Krypton.” DC also launched the streaming service DC Universe in September, with its first live-action offering “Titans” set to launch on Oct. 12.

Didn't see this one coming :leon:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
They final issue before the New 52/Flaspoint reboot was GANGSTA.

They went head up with the Justice League /JSA/Bay Family while on a suicide run for a warehouse full of venom. Theyea lost, got arrested. Great finale. Would love to see Gail at some point do another series with these great characters. That’s the greatness of Gail.....she takes shelved or lame characters n makes them interesting n makes u root for them.

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West
They final issue before the New 52/Flaspoint reboot was GANGSTA.

They went head up with the Justice League /JSA/Bay Family while on a suicide run for a warehouse full of venom. Theyea lost, got arrested. Great finale. Would love to see Gail at some point do another series with these great characters. That’s the greatness of Gail.....she takes shelved or lame characters n makes them interesting n makes u root for them.
I need to read the original mini series. Had a chance to buy 5 of the 6 issues, but passed. Hate an incomplete set for comics I’m looking for.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am thinking this will use the original Secret Six concept instead of the most recent (and most popular) version of the Six.
The original concept fits more with the types of shows CBS is putting on than the more comic booky version. As we saw with Supergirl, CBS isn't really interested in being in the comic book show game.