Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has no classes from which to choose, no character stats to level up, no option to create your own character, no multiplayer of any kind, no armour or weapons to find or equip, and no souls (or equivalent) to collect - or lose after dying. Just to reconfirm: Sekiro is the next big game by FromSoftware, the maker of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Indeed, Sekiro can scarcely be called an action-RPG. FromSoftware's Yasuhiro Kitao rather describes it as an action adventure game. One of the few elements that might seem familiar is your character's prosthetic limb - it's capable of hosting a number of gadgets, which you can find scattered around the world. That sounds pretty reminiscent of the trick weapons found in Bloodborne, if you had a temporary flirtation with a PlayStation 4 to enjoy that.

There are no classes, stats, or souls in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Surprised at no rpg elements

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
From Software coming in with the piff.:ahh:

Capcom sitting on Onimusha continues to be the dumbest thing ever.

It's still worth a playthrough.

they just doing what they always do and are waiting for Sony/MS/Nintendo to pay for the development. :beli:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
God of War is the only game in this lane that has a story that people care about.

Gameplay is King in Action Game Territory.

Don’t you nikkas get bored without something to drive the narrative. Why is such and such fighting, I think having a narrative sets a particular tone.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t you nikkas get bored without something to drive the narrative. Why is such and such fighting, I think having a narrative sets a particular tone.
Nah. Not every game needs the best story. I couldn't tell you shyt about what happened in Bayonetta's story but I remember them combos though

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not really, for these type of games the story being good is only an added bonus for me.

:manny:

I don't be paying attention to game stories unless they are amazing anyway :laugh: