Several PlayStation Studios Asked to Put Their Games on PC, God of War Director Says

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
playstation's 'leadership' is giving me late 90s sega vibes....

They all have one thing in common Japanese leadership. They can't catch up with the times. Gaming is going to a convention Sony can't lead in anymore because they lack the infrastructure.

Cloud based gaming
Subscription base gaming

Sony is last in all of those. Nintendo don't care because they have their own market and reach.

The brick and mortar way is over especially after this Covid shyt with the lack of consoles. We reach record sales with limited inventory. Microsoft and Sony definitely seen this.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I would rather them release day and date on PC then them keep on releasing new games along with a PS4 Port. If the supply is constrained they should start releasing games on PC if they are worried about there not being enough PS5 Consoles to make fully exclusive games.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They all have one thing in common Japanese leadership. They can't catch up with the times. Gaming is going to a convention Sony can't lead in anymore because they lack the infrastructure.

Cloud based gaming
Subscription base gaming

Sony is last in all of those. Nintendo don't care because they have their own market and reach.

The brick and mortar way is over especially after this Covid shyt with the lack of consoles. We reach record sales with limited inventory. Microsoft and Sony definitely seen this.

Honestly I love that they keep the tradition because I believe gaming once it's fully subscription base the games are going to be lesser quality compared to the traditional approach.

BigBrown21

All Star
Daps
They should get started ASAP on making Fight Night Champion and Fight Night Round 4 for PC.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's odd to me that people feel like the quality of games will go down because of subs.

I think the polar opposite will start to happen.

Gamepass and services like that allow for so much flexibility, and the more devs you have under that umbrella the better the environment for everyone.

Take COD for example, it no longer has to worry about being a yearly release and following whatever is popular when it comes to trends.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
It's odd to me that people feel like the quality of games will go down because of subs.

I think the polar opposite will start to happen.

Gamepass and services like that allow for so much flexibility, and the more devs you have under that umbrella the better the environment for everyone.

Take COD for example, it no longer has to worry about being a yearly release and following whatever is popular when it comes to trends.

Look at Sea of Thieves or Grounded two games that were projects that turned into a legit service game.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Sonys pc strategy is on point. They release on console fully optimized and built around the hardware then port int 2+ years later and get double dippers and new sales all over again at full price.

God of war is 4 years old and its outselling Monster Hunter Rises. It’s also marketing the hell out of Ragnarok.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Spider-man next year

2 of steams top 5 selling games aint even out yet :wow:

Gamers never learn :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Cloud based gaming
Subscription base gaming

Yeah I don't want no cloud based or all subbed base gaming future

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I can definitely see ps5 games coming to pc 2yrs after release...

Don't think they will port everything to pc tho