Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Media player
p07q5b7n.jpg

Video
'Sex for grades': Undercover in West African universities
Academic institutions in West Africa have increasingly been facing allegations of sexual harassment by lecturers. This type of abuse is said to be endemic, but it’s almost never proven.

After gathering dozens of testimonies, BBC Africa Eye sent undercover journalists posing as students inside the University of Lagos and the University of Ghana.

Female reporters were sexually harassed, propositioned and put under pressure by senior lecturers at the institutions – all the while wearing secret cameras.

Reporter Kiki Mordi, who knows first-hand how devastating sexual harassment can be, reveals what happens behind closed doors at some of the region’s most prestigious universities.

How have you been impacted by our investigation into sex for grades? If you would like to share your experience with BBC Africa Eye, contact us here.

Further information and support for anyone affected by sexual assault can be found through the BBC Action Line.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Well hopefully they get fired but this shyt happened in the US too and it's usually female students offering to fukk a professor for a better grade. shyt isn't unique to Africa.

Here is a Reddit thread on it.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Well hopefully they get fired but this shyt happened in the US too and it's usually female students offering to fukk a professor for a better grade. shyt isn't unique to Africa.

Here is a Reddit thread on it.

Oh trust I know, the first time I had to literally cuss out one of my old professors was because he partnered with another student that I later found out he was dating. We had to do a presentation together and she would not reply to emails or give any input so I just did the project myself and left her looking stupid when it was presentation time. He tried to blame me for her lack of preparation but I had receipts

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It doesn't even have to be sexual, the sheer amounts of ego-stroking needed to finesse grades from goofball professors is just annoying. And that's before you even get to the graduate level and have to start playing the advisor/let's meet such-and-such/do me this favor games.

Human beings are the biggest threat to tolerance.