Shawn Porter: I Don't See Myself Retiring Without Fighting Errol Spence

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
spence-porter.jpg

Shawn Porter has not given up on the goal of reclaiming his IBF welterweight world title.

The 29-year-old Porter (27-2-1, 17 KOs) lost his title back in August of 2014, in a close points loss to Kell Brook.

Porter had been targeting a Brook rematch for the last few years, but this past May the Sheffield fighter was dethroned by United States Olympian Errol Spence. Brook suffered a fractured orbital bone and was stopped in the eleventh round of the bout to lose his title.

Porter, who earlier this year knocked out former world champion Andre Berto, will return to action on November 4th when he faces tough as nails Adrian Granados (18-5-2, 12 KOs) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Porter often reflects on what he did wrong against Brook.

"What I didn’t do against Brook was what I did do against (Paulie) Malignaggi: Use my jab. I pretty much rushed in for 12 rounds. I would be a lot more patient [in a rematch], setting things up with my jab, which is how boxing is done," Porter told Premier Boxing Champions.

And he certainly wants to get in the ring with Spence before everything is said and done. He wants to fight Spence and as many big name welterweights as possible before a move to junior middleweight is seriously considered.
"It's up to my team, but I don’t see myself retiring without fighting Errol Spence. As you get older, your body matures, but we’re doing everything we can to remain at 147. I’m not sure how long, or, if ever, it will be before we consider moving up to 154," Porter said.

Spence is due to return in January, when he makes his first defense against former world champion Lamont Peterson.

Porter is technically the mandatory challenger to the WBC title, which is held by Keith Thurman - who doesn't plan to fight again until the first quarter of 2018.

Porter: I Don't See Myself Retiring Without Fighting Errol Spence - Boxing News

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
by the time Porter gets to see Spence in the ring, Errol will be too much for him. right now would be the best time for Porter's style to trouble him because he hasnt peaked.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Would love to see this fight. Errol is much more talented, but Porter is awkward and tough. Will force Spence show what he is made of. Wouldn't be surprised with a tough fight going Spence's way or Spence getting the cleanest victory over Porter by any fighter.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Would love to see this fight. Errol is much more talented, but Porter is awkward and tough. Will force Spence show what he is made of. Wouldn't be surprised with a tough fight going Spence's way or Spence getting the cleanest victory over Porter by any fighter.

All that toughness out the window when Spence lands a good hook on him.

A tired small Broner dropped him. Spence would inflict damage and stop him easily.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
All that toughness out the window when Spence lands a good hook on him.

A tired small Broner dropped him. Spence would inflict damage and stop him easily.
I agree that he stops him...but as much as I shyt on how I hate Porter's style I will give him respect for his toughness. No one has run through him yet...but I do believe Spence has next.

Still doesn't change the fact I would like to see the fight. Especially if Thurman is 3 fights away.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I agree that he stops him...but as much as I shyt on how I hate Porter's style I will give him respect for his toughness. No one has run through him yet...but I do believe Spence has next.

Still doesn't change the fact I would like to see the fight. Especially if Thurman is 3 fights away.

Thurman has next breh. Believe me on that. Dude punching accuracy and move are off the charts

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I think Brook was most effective against Spence when he was physical on the inside. Porter don't have the skills to repeatedly land slick rights like Brook did but maybe he can frustrate Spence with bully tactics