sheek from the lox is the most underrated lyricist from new york ever

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I gotta agree with the thread.

Sheek nice as fukk, got mad hot verses over the years but you never really hear nikkas talk about dude like that unless they already Dblock/Lox fans. Even then most cats rank him behind Jada and P even when he's kinda like a mixture of their best attributes (Lyrics and gangsta shyt)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
chubb rock was a monster

argueably more skilled than big.

while also being a mca artist that pioneered daytime and primetime radio spins for publishing on the one.

which created the relationships.

that eventually aided fired/ former mca big headed a&r puff to capitalize on badboy with big.

art barr

sheik imo,...originally was the lox artist with the it factor to have larger pop solo appeal.

if he was as focused as jada and styles.

yet i feel the streets probably call sheik more than jada and styles.

so i think he is sometimes more absorbed in that aspect than rap at times.

that drives his focus away as a focused solo or group artist.

he does not get acclaim past what he earns and even then he gets more than most.

as, sheik has a track record spin wise on bds for benjamins.

that can be cited if he wanted to garner spins.

imo,..he is the same class of rapper as mr cheeks, from a group to solo perspective.
they both have bds lineage that allows them to possibly have a hit if they release on and work it minimally.

most underground pop rap artist do not hAve this luxury.

so a guy like sheik gets to permeate further than the a-typical group solo member in rap.

this was discussed before and is kinda a dead issue since like 03, a decade ago.

i cram to understand.

why the ts continues to bring up threads.

that timeline or cultural connection he was not around for.

where you can quickly discern this poster is not as educated as his pump amd head fake would lead you to believe.

stop asking questions where culture and history are not typically supported.

a fully educated cultural figure in hiphop would not ask.

the consistent culturally inept questions you pose in numerous abundance, daily.

nor rate and attempt to figure out whom is better either.

your threads and questions are always toy manufactured like mattel amd kenner.

if you did searches in the other promotion where you were consistently tabled by every poster there.

you would see and understsnd the reason why the questions u asked.

were not previously asked before in a decade.

or similiar questions to your's have been previously debunked and put in the playskool toybin.

stop playing in the toybin n!gga,..we don't want you dollar store sun-man fake he-man action figures as5 questions,..n!gga..

you marginalize the perception and credibility of this new board from a cultural standpoint.

i wish they would ban you for making a mockery of my culture on this board.

you fake ass pac clone war stan,..you ain't earning no fake ass stripes off nobody around here.

art barr

man,..mods ban this n!gga,...fa real's

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yea, and dude can also construct a song pretty good as well.

I remember Sheek dropped a album back in 2005 or so with the single "Get Money".

That song and "Pressure" was dope.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No he is not the dude that said Chubb Rock is on the money, dude never got the credit he deserved even in his hey day. That being said, Sheek Louch is the most well balanced rapper from his era and he puts out heat on an extremely extremely consistent basis. I think after Jadakiss he is the best rapper in the group.

I would also throw Akir's name into the hat for underrated lyricists, I thought his album Legacy was almost a spiritual successor to Illmatic.