Shenmue 3 >>> RDR2

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Ok well maybe not...
But after getting to that 2nd city I feel like this was the piece that took 20 years to make + all the budget because it's far more beautiful than any port or town I have seen in any gaming experience ever inc RDR2.

If only this game had the budget that they truly needed to to realise the entire vision!
It was almost too ambitious so they rushed when they started back on the mechanics, remaining characters and narration. Not that the mechanics are bad but you can see where it was stitched together vs certain parts that took years to develop.

If you do have the game or are deliberating, give it a go.. there is magic hidden in there, the magic most of us gamers felt when we first played shenmue 1 and 2 which was leagues apart from any other game in terms of an experience.
Forget generations for a second.

Anyway have said my piece.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are the games even remotely comparable as far as gameplay?

I am not too familiar w/ shenmue so I’m genuinely asking

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
are the games even remotely comparable as far as gameplay?

I am not too familiar w/ shenmue so I’m genuinely asking

Shenmue invented open world. This generation have run with it..RDR2 perfected it.

However Sega and this producer >>> Rockstar ..

The original Shenmues when they first came out had the biggest budgets in gaming history
They didn’t have anything close to the budget they needed to finish this 3rd one, hence the massive delays..and the need to crowd fund I think at least 50% of it

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Shenmue can of relaxing to play like a kungfu sims but the acting is so terrible

And mgs 1 has great voice acting in it you can listen to it as a radio play

All the shenmue are boarding on campy

And the relationship you have with your horse in RDR2 > all the characters in the shenmue universe