Shook Earl Hebner's hand last night...

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
So TNA's "Road to Lockdown" tour came to town last night and they had their event at The Fillmore....

2modnr9.png

There's the cage. The main event was Jeff Hardy Vs. Bobby Roode.

Other matches:
-Joseph Park Vs. Robbie E.
-Tara/Gail Kim Vs. ODB/Velvet Sky :noah:
-D-Von Vs. Magnus
-Austin Aries Vs. James Storm
-Mr. Anderson Vs. Kurt Angle

Anyhow, at one point (I believe it was before the Knockouts Tag match), So Cal Val brings out Earl Hebner. He has his referee shirt on and then he takes it off to reveal a t-shirt....

5401001232_ddf9c13203.jpg

It says "Damn Right, I Did." Everyone in the crowd's like :gladbron::skip:

Earl Hebner pulls out a pair of fukking Hitman shades and hits the Bret Hart Pose while some music's playing... :manny:

...then he refs the matches. After the Angle match, So Cal Val mentions that Hebner's officially reffed over 100,000 matches and as he heads down the aisle to head to the merch tables, I shake hands with him (my seat was right near the aisle).

I did some thinking about it and I guess I had a little mark-out moment, considering that I'd just shaken hands with the guy that's made the 3-count in some of the most historical moments in wrestling. Dude reffed Hogan/Andre The Giant and made the call in the Montreal Screwjob. Dude's been in the business over 30 years and has seen it all. shyt was kind of cool...even at this age. :ohhh:

I was sitting around a bunch of older cats that I didn't even know but we were all conversing like we were friends and cracking jokes the whole time. Everyone was getting into the show. When Roode came out, there was a little kid at the front of the stage with the Hardy shirt & facepaint just going hard for like 5 minutes straight in Roode's face talking trash and doing the Hardy dance :stylin: while Roode was standing still and mean-mugging him :birdman:

Hardy came out for his entrance and walked around the entire venue dapping people before getting into the cage. Gave him a pat on the shoulder...sweaty guy, but it was cool of him to do that. There were mad kids wearing the long-sleeve zip-up Hardy shirts & whatnot.

Anybody else ever have a minor mark-out moment at a live show?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
That's how it's supposed to be. Screw paying money to go sit and be too "cool" to actually enjoy yourself. Wrestling events are the absolute best times to be a kid again.

-P-

Yeah...everyone got drawn in. We were all clapping/stomping, hitting the Roode pose and throwing up the Hardy fingers, counting the near falls with the ref..just marking out. While I was looking around, I was peeping that the audience was people of all ages/ethnic backgrounds, chicks/guys, single housewife-looking broads, parents, nerdy folks, hood cats, etc. We all just like the same show and we get to check it out live.

I decided that if I ever have kids, I'm putting them up on game because there's a lot to learn about life through the experience.

Earl Hebner is lucky @luckyse7enz didn't crush his hand with his god like power. :wow:

Did you make tsc proud and only cheer for the heels breh? :blessed:

:cenasabo:

...with the exceptions of Joseph Park & Angle.

We were all giving Angle the :bow:. I didn't even know who was booked for the show so when his music hit, a lot of us were caught off-guard. Bunch of grown men looking at each other like :ooh: :bryan:

Kyle Vanden Bosch from the Lions had a seat right next to the ring and Austin Aries cut a promo about how he was a tag team champ and had nothing in common with us because he was from Wisconsin, home of the Packers where they win championships. I cheered for him afterward.

Kennedy got NO love. People were chanting "U.S.A." before the match started for Angle and Kennedy goes "I'm from Green Bay!"

Crowd immediately went :ufdup: :pacspit:

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
i5c9ic.png

Hardy after the match. Threw all his wrist tape and shyt into the crowd.

2pousu8.jpg

Roode and Hardy. Excuse the shyttiness of the camera phone. Forgot to charge my digital joint. Got tix last minute.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Yeah...everyone got drawn in. We were all clapping/stomping, hitting the Roode pose and throwing up the Hardy fingers, counting the near falls with the ref..just marking out. While I was looking around, I was peeping that the audience was people of all ages/ethnic backgrounds, chicks/guys, single housewife-looking broads, parents, nerdy folks, hood cats, etc. We all just like the same show and we get to check it out live.

I decided that if I ever have kids, I'm putting them up on game because there's a lot to learn about life through the experience.

:cenasabo:

...with the exceptions of Joseph Park & Angle.

We were all giving Angle the :bow:. I didn't even know who was booked for the show so when his music hit, a lot of us were caught off-guard. Bunch of grown men looking at each other like :ooh: :bryan:

Kyle Vanden Bosch from the Lions had a seat right next to the ring and Austin Aries cut a promo about how he was a tag team champ and had nothing in common with us because he was from Wisconsin, home of the Packers where they win championships. I cheered for him afterward.

Kennedy got NO love. People were chanting "U.S.A." before the match started for Angle and Kennedy goes "I'm from Green Bay!"

Crowd immediately went :ufdup: :pacspit:

Hell yeah gotta put the youth on game, I think I learned more about tolerance of folks differences from wrestling than I ever did from "real life" :pachaha:

If a giant ghoul, a drunk redneck from Texas and a hippy from the 70's can team up to fight Canadians in a flag match then we are without excuse.

-P-

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Did they have an intermission or like a meet and greet after the show was over? Thats one thing that TNA really does much better than the E is how they show their appreciation to the fans.

I remember I went to a show a few years back and during the intermission they had some wrestlers just come out and chill on the floor chatting, signing autographs, and pics. Then again after the show, some even going into the ring to take pics.

This was when RVD was champ but he and everyone seemed cool as heel, polite, approachable, and genuinely enjoying themselves.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
Breh what in the fukk!

I was there yesterday as well!

Did you get in line to meet ODB at the intermission while they were putting the cage up? She let me grab her t*ts!

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
you should have hopped the guardrail and fukked Tara for me :noah:

:noah: :datazz: She was looking RIGHT too. Didn't want the Knockouts match to end.

Did they have an intermission or like a meet and greet after the show was over?

Yeah, while they were putting the cage up. ODB and Hebner (I believe) were in the merch area signing things and taking pics. Wanted to go but I didn't have extra cash on me but you're right. After the main event, they were offering opportunities for fans to come to the ring and take pics with Hardy for 20 bucks. TNA loves their fans.

Breh what in the fukk!

I was there yesterday as well!

Did you get in line to meet ODB at the intermission while they were putting the cage up? She let me grab her t*ts!

I didn't but DAMN...now I'm definitely regretting not bringing more cash. :takedat: :ohmy:

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
That's how it's supposed to be. Screw paying money to go sit and be too "cool" to actually enjoy yourself. Wrestling events are the absolute best times to be a kid again.

-P-

For sure. I remember going to a PPV a few years back and cheering and and reacting like I would have at 10 years old I even ended up enjoying being surrounded by Marks.. cause it reminded me of what makes wrestling great, and took me back to a simpler time.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I went to 2 TNA house shows... best shows I've seen in my life. One show Samoa Joe was swaggin' the hell out on his theme music which bumps hard as hell when you hear it live... he faced Desmond Wolfe, so I am glad I got to see Nigel McGuinness wrestle live before he retired. That same night I seen Motor City Machine Guns vs Beer Money in a very piff ass match. Afterwards I've seen Da Gawd Don West up close and personal in the merchandice stand with a microphone giving out t-shirt "brown bag" specials.

The second show a year later I've seen one of the greatest matches that I've ever seen.... TNA Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Kurt Angle vs Kazamania and General Daniels. Kaz and Daniels came out to "If You Think I'm Sexy" and was doing HBK-like poses in the ring for ten minutes plus microphone promo fukkery.