Should battle rap go back to 90 secs/3 minute rounds??

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
having to write 8 minute (x3) diatribes about 1 person is what is killing/over-saturating the sport... Battles turning into 40 minute, DON DERMARCO, laden spectacles are only entertaining in short spurts...Should Smack go back to the 3 minute clock and annoying horn?

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
having to write 8 minute (x3) diatribes about 1 person is what is killing/over-saturating the sport... Battles turning into 40 minute, DON DERMARCO, laden spectacles are only entertaining in short spurts...Should Smack go back to the 3 minute clock and annoying horn?

3 minutes really isn't THAT long, I mean sure it would help but I don't think that's the problem honestly. Part of it is don demarco himself and the other part imo would be the rappers themselves. Me personally I would not stop rapping for EVERY tiny crowd interference. Like even in the con vs hitman battle I'll see con stop for like 3 fans that are scratching their nuts. "That scratching it just too damn loud." :stopitslime::jawalrus::mjpls:

If they only stop when the crowd is just relentless then that will also cut the time down. But as I digress that nikka Don Demarco needs to stop "demarcoing:youngsabo:" all over the god damn place and we will be good.:salute:

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
rounds shouldn't go any longer than 3-4 minutes... should cut down on a lot of the bullshyt lines and keep the quality high

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
For big battles have it 5 minutes. I used to hate that long shyt, especially being a Grindtime stan.. but these guys are so much better compared to 4 years ago. Even four would be great. When you get 24 minutes from each artist, one of their rounds they plan to sacrifice.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
3 minutes really isn't THAT long, I mean sure it would help but I don't think that's the problem honestly. Part of it is don demarco himself and the other part imo would be the rappers themselves. Me personally I would not stop rapping for EVERY tiny crowd interference. Like even in the con vs hitman battle I'll see con stop for like 3 fans that are scratching their nuts. "That scratching it just too damn loud." :stopitslime::jawalrus::mjpls:

If they only stop when the crowd is just relentless then that will also cut the time down. But as I digress that nikka Don Demarco needs to stop "demarcoing:youngsabo:" all over the god damn place and we will be good.:salute:

Don't the clock continue though when they stop for the crowd response?
If not, then they need to make it that way so that both the fans and the rappers are not going to screw themselves with too much distractions
As a fan, I wouldn't be talking too much knowing that I'm cutting down on the entertainment I paid for
As a rapper, I wouldn't be reacting to every crowd response. Con was too obvious with it, so he was just cruising at that point

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It should be 3 minutes for the first 2 rounds then 5 for the 3rd.

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
3 x 3 = seems best for everybody

fukk unlimited rounds and fukk any battle rapper that requests for them

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep it unlimited but allow Smack to call time if a rapper is bombing.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Ive been calling for shorter rounds. This unlimited shyt is whack, too much filler

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think 3 minutes is more than enough. Maybe, just maybe, one could prolong the last round to 5 minutes so that it's fair to really get everything off your chest.

Now you have battlers dropping 10 minutes of rap in the first, 6-7 minutes in the second and then drop a wack third round that they either didn't bother writing or just has nothing to say anymore.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes. I think it would be less filler if they really did 3 mins