should black history month include entire diaspora or should it be kept strictly African-American?

• Total voters

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Real talk good look on that thread. I learned a lot of information in there that I didn't know. It made me go look up something new to contribute and come to find out, a black man invented the ice cream scoop :krs:

You know what might be real dope, we do some research and from February 12-20 we recreate Negro History Week like they did back in the day. Like day 1 (feb12) be blacks in technology where we list all the black people who created technological shyt. Day 2 (Feb 12) is blacks in business. Day 3 (Feb 13) blacks in Education, Day 4 (Feb 14) blacks in the military, etc.

What you think breh :lupe:

I'd be down with it. We could get some of the Coli historians and geneticists involved :ehh:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
If Black History Month should only include AA history(which I disagree), then it should at least include AA history beyond the same cliche slavery, Tuskegee airmen and civil rights. How about we talk about discuss about REAL STUFF like the Gullah Wars or even better AA sailors assisting Haitians in raiding slave ships! To me black history month has been cliche.

There's a thread you can talk about that in right now :mjpls:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/official-black-history-month-thread-2015.289426/ :obama:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:ehh: good points were made in here for both arguments. actually made me kind of lean in the opposite direction. i can totally understand the argument of keeping it strictly about AAs. especially since it IS an american thing.

i got called a dirty fukking spic but all in all i would say its a good thread information-wise :skip: