Should I follow my passion or what pays more?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
To whom it may concern,

:francis:I'm at an impasse breh

I like the idea of marketing/finance/being a businessman, but I don't LOVE it.

Since I was a little boy, I've had a raving thirst for geography/history. Going back to age 5, I was reading social studies textbooks, maps, encyclopedias & atlases for fun. I was a state champion in History Bowl in middle school, went to the state competition for geography all 3 years of middle school, & won county championships (2× solo, 3x high school team) for geography & History Bowl in high school. I love it, but I treated it as a hobby & not as something I can seriously make money from.

But I was talking to my boy in the library yesterday afternoon, and he gave me a SERIOUS lecture on following your passion vs. the money. :wow: Now I'm reconsidering my pathway.

My two issues holding me back from switching majors are 1. Getting a geography degree is pretty much useless:snoop: There's no serious career prospects with the degree, I'd just be another nikka with a liberal arts degree filing for unemployment.

2. I'm already deep in my business major :huhldup:If I switch I'll be adding another 2-3 years to my bachelor's degree.

What do I do :lupe:Do I just tough it out & continue with what I'm doing (no passion for it) or do I switch to my first love, live my best life in college & graduate with a 3.7+ GPA in worthless major? Please help!!!

Regards,

the Coli Offensive POTY, Wanya

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Depends:

How old are you?
Do you have any mouths to feed?

Personally I say finish the degree since you already are deep into it. At the very least uts a good backup plan.

The only people who say you dohave a plan B are those who are successful with Plan A. You never hear that from those that fail with Plan A.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
And some fields your degree is only as useful as you can make it. I'd say follow your passion but if your gut is telling you something else I say go with the gut over emotions.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
That depends on the kind of lifestyle you’d be comfortable with.

If you want to be single and focus on yourself and your passion and free to relocate until you’ve found a situation that you can live with, follow your passion.

If you have plans to be a family man or at the very least have a relationship that leads to that, take the safe route.

My advice if you follow your passion, is don’t let a woman or anything else distract you. Don’t nut freely in any women. Don’t live with any women. Don’t lock yourself down to anyone or anything but your passion. Be selfish and be disciplined.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
How many languages an you speak and what are thoses languages and I can give you a detailed breakdown

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get paid now and pursue your passion part-time. Either on the weekends or evenings, maybe volunteer at some spots. While you're doing that live cheap, stack money, and invest. The goal is to have enough to "retire" and pursue your passion full-time without having a significant change in lifestyle or income.