Should I wait for the iPhone 7?

Daps
Buy the 6s and sell it to fund a 7. iPhones resell value holds well.

Great point. That's what I'll do. and if the 7 ain't worth upgrading to, I'll just keep the 6s.

I've had iPhone and Android and my experience are always the same. Iphone works the same way forever from the day I first used it. Android works incredibly for 6 months to a year, then apps start crashing, performance starts to slow down, phone starts to restart on its own. I never learn either. I tell myself I'm not going to upgrade for two years, a new phone comes out that looks dope and I end up with buyers remorse sooner or later. Right now I'm on the LG g4 which I loved in the beginning, and overall it's still dope, but I'm at that one year point again and its started crashing different apps, randomly freezing on me and even rebooting on its own. Overall it's a solid phone with a great camera, but I'm back to missing the reliability of iphones.

The battery has gotten :flabbynsick:, but performance, otherwise, is no drop off from day one on my Galaxy GS5.

What's driving me to trying iOS is messaging. I do a ton of messaging, a ton of group messaging which requires MMS on Android....well MMS fukking sucks! When a group convo, or multiple group convos get heated up, it cripples my phone. Everything becomes really slow, it struggles to download the MMS messages (sometimes it just won't) and doing other stuff on the phone becomes laborious. Responding may happen late or not at all or, lately, it may be delivered to the recipients individually instead of in the group. It's embarrassing and a pain in the ass.

I love Android otherwise, so I'm a little leery over the little things iOS does differently or can't do (like Swype, no SD card, etc), but I'm at the point where I'm accepting that messaging is most important to me. Like winb pointed out, Iphone's hold their value really well, so that should mitigate much of the risk of me being disappointed.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Great point. That's what I'll do. and if the 7 ain't worth upgrading to, I'll just keep the 6s.

The battery has gotten :flabbynsick:, but performance, otherwise, is no drop off from day one on my Galaxy GS5.

What's driving me to trying iOS is messaging. I do a ton of messaging, a ton of group messaging which requires MMS on Android....well MMS fukking sucks! When a group convo, or multiple group convos get heated up, it cripples my phone. Everything becomes really slow, it struggles to download the MMS messages (sometimes it just won't) and doing other stuff on the phone becomes laborious. Responding may happen late or not at all or, lately, it may be delivered to the recipients individually instead of in the group. It's embarrassing and a pain in the ass.

I love Android otherwise, so I'm a little leery over the little things iOS does differently or can't do (like Swype, no SD card, etc), but I'm at the point where I'm accepting that messaging is most important to me. Like winb pointed out, Iphone's hold their value really well, so that should mitigate much of the risk of me being disappointed.
I miss iMessage like crazy. That instant text is dope. With a 64gb iPhone I don't need an SD card. I have a couple cloud services I use too to save me a ton of space. Dropbox, Google drive, one drive.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Your phone crashes with excessive messaging? Lol. Terrible.

My iPhone 6S plus can do multiple messaging services in its sleep. It's not even an issue to be utilizing what's app, iMessage (great for high quality video sending), idrop, SMS, Facebook messenger, and even viber simultaneously with no hiccups. All this while playing Crab 2.

6S plus is the goat phone. I just wish it were a little smaller. Kind of pain to run with sometimes.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Iphones are boring stale, unimaginative and the OS sucks and is closed if you dont use a mac or have itunes....

Good luck with your purchase....

480px-Happy_smiley_face.png

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your phone crashes with excessive messaging? Lol. Terrible.

My iPhone 6S plus can do multiple messaging services in its sleep. It's not even an issue to be utilizing what's app, iMessage (great for high quality video sending), idrop, SMS, Facebook messenger, and even viber simultaneously with no hiccups. All this while playing Crab 2.

6S plus is the goat phone. I just wish it were a little smaller. Kind of pain to run with sometimes.

:mjcry: to here you say this