Shroom Retrospect: Kurt Angle Prime Years

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
When I saw Angle for the first time, something about him irked me from a character standpoint. Maybe it was because of this motherfukker coming in during times of Austin/Rock, and being too patriotic. He just seemed meh, especially during his first title run when he was just a cornball but then in his later years something happened with Kurt that make him seem cool.

Ever since he went bald, he became the GAWD. Guy was intense in the ring, and fukking lethal with his ankle lock when he got it into the grapevine. Not to mention he was sporting a mouthpiece. It was like you knew the guy was out to kill you, violently. Sadly his neck issues took away some good times for Kurt, but I was glad that Kurt gave me a L. I can say without a doubt that Kurt Angle was pure alpha once he came home. He developed that killer attitude that would have been SICK in the attitude era but I am glad he gave WWE the last vestiges of violence.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Felt the same way you did, he definitely seemed out of place in the attitude era at first. Putting together team ECK was the best thing for him, his promos were great once he got his footing annd being condescending while promoting the 3 I's.

Then to do a complete 180 once he went bald :banderas:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
When I saw Angle for the first time, something about him irked me from a character standpoint. Maybe it was because of this motherfukker coming in during times of Austin/Rock, and being too patriotic. He just seemed meh, especially during his first title run when he was just a cornball but then in his later years something happened with Kurt that make him seem cool.

Ever since he went bald, he became the GAWD. Guy was intense in the ring, and fukking lethal with his ankle lock when he got it into the grapevine. Not to mention he was sporting a mouthpiece. It was like you knew the guy was out to kill you, violently. Sadly his neck issues took away some good times for Kurt, but I was glad that Kurt gave me a L. I can say without a doubt that Kurt Angle was pure alpha once he came home. He developed that killer attitude that would have been SICK in the attitude era but I am glad he gave WWE the last vestiges of violence.
Cosign 05 & 06 he was untouchable

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I love corny Kurt actually dude was legit funny which is rare in wrestling

It was his fued with Austin that really showed how good he was and I was shocked austin actually was able to keep up considering the shape he was in by than

From 2002-2006 dude could have at least a 3 star match with anybody

He wasted his body in TNA thou killing himself for that garbage