Sign the petition to make the display of the Confederate Flag ILLEGAL! (Update: 11,000+ signatures!)

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Sign the Petition

:jawalrus:

As the nation faces widespread civil unrest from the racial tensions behind the police murder of George Floyd, it's time we start considering the place this symbol has in it if we are ever going to work towards healing its deep wounds.

The confederate flag and the ideals behind it have been associated with some of the worst elements of the American experience. Not only has it been displayed by hate groups, but it has also been associated with racial violence and domestic terrorism towards African-Americans for over 150 years. The flag could be found displayed proudly in Charlottesville, VA in 2017 where the Unite the Right rally occurred, which claimed the life of 32 year old anti-racist protestor Heather Heyer. And now? The confederate flag is now seen displayed with Trump/Pence banners.

Bottom line; The United States of America and its President should not be enabling hate or intolerance any longer. This flag has to go. Just like how Germany made the display of the nazi flag and swastika illegal, America should do the same for the stars and bars.

For the "heritage not hate" crowd, please reconsider picking better symbols to display and better heroes to look up to.
Please share this and sign it and get your friends to do the same.

It's time all these statues of slave owners and confederate generals and that flag GO!
:camby:

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This is the point, where we letting emotions overtake rationality:

• We have a 1st Amendment. :unimpressed:

The moment you start demanding basic speech should be outlawed, then somebody is going to demand basic speech or tangible speech you hold dear be outlawed.

Confederates lost the war to Washington, DC led country. So we should outlaw their ancestors or just random people's ability to use a flag they observe?
  • Japanese lost the war to the U.S., killed U.S. soldiers including black soldiers, so when Japanese American people raise their flag, we should outlaw it too?
  • Iraq, Libya, Panama, Vietnam (maybe), Korea (maybe), etc were in battle with this nation-state headquartered in Washingtin, DC..and mostly lost or draw..should we demand people go to jail for waving those flags?

Its unconstitutional to begin with, but also it leads down a scary path towards government sponsored "book burning" and adds on to the tyranny we already have creeping.

Its one thing to pressure digital cancelation, which has its nuances, but to overtly demand basic speech is illegal and criminal leads to a snowball building up more and more. That's not me saying this....that's history saying that.

We're not Germany.

You can go to jail for your literal speech in Germany. Just saying you don't like something will put you behind bars.
  • Yall want to live in a world like that? :jbhmm:
Somebody has to say this.
Emotion can fuel this situation, but you need rationality to navigate.

Cliff Notes:

My Black African Amercian ancestors didn't die to have these rights they saw their white oppressors enjoying, just so me and you as their descendants can demand we get rid of these same rights.:gucci:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Thos is the point, where we letting emotions overtake rationality:

• We have a 1st Amendment. :unimpressed:

The moment you start demanding basic speech should be outlawed, then somebody is going to demand basic speech or tangible speech you hold dear be outlawed.

Confederates lost the war. So we should outlaw their ability to use a flag they.
  • Japanese lost the war, so when Japanese people raise their flag, we should outlaw it too?
  • Iraq, Libya, Panama, Vietnam (maybe), Korea (maybe), etc were in battle with this nation-state headquarters in Washingtin, DC..and mostly lost or draw..should we demand people go to jail for waving those flags?

Its unconstitutional to begin with, but also it leads down a scary path towards book burning and adds on to the tyranny we already have creeping.

We're not Germany.

You can go to jail for your literal speech in Germany. Like just saying you don't like something will put you behind bars.
  • Yall want to live in a world like that? :jbhmm:
Somebody has to say this.
Emotion can fuel this situation, but you need rationality to navigate.

Cliff Notes:

My Black African Amercian ancestors didn't die to have these rights they saw their white oppressors enjoying, just so I can demand we get rid of these sams rights.:gucci:
Didn't read any of that. And you look foolish defending that hate symbol as a black person even though you're entitled to your opinion.

The moment you start caping for white supremacists, white nationalists, and hate groups is the moment you lose me.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The whole discussion about flags and statues is a distraction.

It’s what politicians do best. Meaningless gestures.

Cut the check, punish racist cops or leave us be..
We can do and push for all of that at the same time.

Get rid of th3se slaveowner statues, get rid of the stars and bars, change the names of all these schools and instutions that are named after slaveowners and confederate traitors, push for criminal justice reform, push for reparations (amd NOT just a study...real cash money put into the hands of those who deserve it and into black owned banks/instutions/etc), punish racist killer cops to the fullest extent of the law, etc...

Im just looking at the big picture...now is the time to push for all of this.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Didn't read any of that. And you look foolish defending that hate symbol as a black person even though you're entitled to your opinion.

The moment you start caping for white supremacists, white nationalists, and hate groups is the moment you lose me.

If you don't like the 1st Amendment just say you want to get rid of the 1st Amendment. :francis:
  • It's simple, because that is what you are saying, when you're in the U.S. and say "outlaw a symbol".
  • I'm talking about the concept of the 1st Amendment, not a specific symbol.
The 1st Amendment is the only reason we can sit on this board and say the things we do.

Again, someone could just as easy say Afro-centric symbols are anti-American and need to be "oulawed" as in make it a criminal offense.

This type forum is not allowed for people in many countries. You go to jail for your thoughts.

Think about what you are suggesting and the pandora box it opens up, breh.

Emotion can fuel you, but let rationality navigate you mayne.

Last edited: