Sir Jinx on Differences of Ice Cube & Kool G. Rap’s Storytelling & Meeting G Rap via Mike Concepcion

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
He basically said Kool G Rap was a lyrical miracle while Ice Cube was blunt and direct. :ehh:
yeah kinda was
Kool alot of times just added alot of multis/internal rhymes in a line, Cube wasnt so blunt and direct as exaggerated tho he put in some elements(similes, punhlines, multis) in his stories to.

kools style just has him focus on lyrics than Cube does is all.

i do agree with him tho on the general basis of how they told stories tho, cube was more focused on story whereas Kool G sounds like he just wants to impress you with how he can rhyme in a story format

but I find cubes is better, Kool G's style is cool but a well executed story track is better.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yeah kinda was
Kool alot of times just added alot of multis/internal rhymes in a line, Cube wasnt so blunt and direct as exaggerated tho he put in some elements(similes, punhlines, multis) in his stories to.

i do agree with him tho on the general basis of how they told stories tho, cube was more focused on story whereas Kool G sounds like he just wants to impress you with how he can rhyme in a story format

but I find cubes is better, Kool G's style is cool but a well executed story track is better.

only thing keeping G rap from being the goat is.
rakim exists and can skillfully pocket flows with higher skill aptitude and vocal tonality with an unwavered all time cultural connection.
if not for rakim being so much better than everyone skillwise.
in every possible way on any type of so-called sonic landscape.
with a rnb meets commercial take on seventh.
Kool G rap would be the goat.
In History all time new or ol school.
G rap is the best gangsta rapper.
while and arguably the next best full cultural connection skill based emcee in rap's all time history.
only ra all time is better.
with cube I hope you look at the linear notes of thr original j card on amw and note the roster of the mob. Then do your homework and be real with yourself.
as you survey that said roster.
plus after that do thr knowledge.

at this point in history.
since that time.

ruthless records runs the world regardless of hiphop culture being hiphop culture. So in that simple general global idea.
cube gains precedent globally in general.
over any rapper from that idea.
in a general sense because of that. Yet in actual hiphop culture in the pillar of emcee'n.
g rap is the goat skilled bench mark.
for any and all in the realm of the culturally taboo genre of gangsta rap.
plus dually as close to being the goat in a culture emcee pillar based ideal as rakim.

if ra never makes seventh. I would say G rap was the goat easy.
yet ra did.
to and easily eclipse.
any emcee or stock non culture based rapper.
who will ever spit for the rest of time.

art barr

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
yeah kinda was

He basically said Kool G Rap was a lyrical miracle while Ice Cube was blunt and direct. :ehh:
its rare i heard this in a slightly negative way. most cats sees kool g rap a story teller in his own right for those that like to rewind the tape to hear multis/ineternals rhmyes as stated cause the notion of gangter rappers often placed in that box of not being lyrical miracle only direct. kool g rap broke that barrier for being witty crafty but gangsta or street at the same time instead of direct but in hindsight it was not overly complex or abstract where you couldnt understand the bars either and i think
his lisp and flow speed you had to listen more attentively when he is rapping.
As I m typing this and remembering the songs. I dont see too much lyrical myrical losing what he is saying or not knowing what the song is about when he is spitting bars..

i means songs like "On the run" is straight direct story telling , "Not over the head bring it back 4 times so i can try to understand bars ." maybe thats why Griselda Team Westside Gunn , 38 Spesh and others that are this new ""generation new rappers have a special liking to him and add him to their songs cause they get the crafty witty ways his bar set ups but gangster at the same time formula exept Westside Gunn and Griselda Movement add the Wutang branding clothing and skits on their songs and lyrical myrical element to that as well.

id say WUTang Ghostface and Raekwon was diffintely abstract lyrical miracle with the bars add that with their own style to the point where folks thought they were just lyrical in the back pack category when folks described Wutang but the subject matter when you peel the layers was lyrically gangsta on many of their tracks as far as Rae and Ghost but folks in the traditional rap fans outside the boom bap scene some didnt put them that category or understood them

Last edited: