Sister Act II: Joyful Joyful scene; how'd they pull it off?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

2 pages in, and ain't nobody posted this piff yet? :ufdup:

If you gonna come outchea and act like you ain't try to hit that high note with him each and every time, you a damn lie.:childplease:

When he started feeling himself & began to walk around always made me laugh

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One of my favorite flicks growing up. I don't know how many times I've watch this movie on cable. Lauren Hill was such a supremely talented person. I'm surprised she didn't get more acting gigs after this movie.

Needed to record the score and blow up like the world trade

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Who'da thought Ebony woulda been a whack ass stripper that slept with her cousin boyfriend like 5 years later....

giphy.gif

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
*bump* :jbhmm:where did Lauryn get the clothes from? Matter fact where did a number of them get their casual clothes from? They rode true bus in uniforms & were backstage in uniforms... so they decided to change out of their uniforms to put on their regular clothes to put on under their choir robes???
:patrice:

They just changed clothes completely after being funky all day in their uniforms to go perform?

These questions are obny mind cause it's on Oxygen. :skip:You also see a few of the kids backstage practicing their dances in the mirror, so they did plan on doing all that dancing in those big ass choir robes.:stylin::stylin::stylin:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Was Whoopi even technically directing the choir since the kids were all out there doing their own somehow perfectly non choreographed choreography?? :patrice:

What if they wound up disqualified for not wearing their robes? :lolbron:
:lupe:Were the other choirs salty they didn't go without the robes?

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

That beat:ohlawd:

I used to watch this movie all of the time as a kid and it made me think high school would be so fun. Like the whole class would be sitting around with girls that look like jennifer love Hewitt and Monica Calhoun and shorty with the 90s tboz cut listening to dope beats all day:ahh:

My childhood ideal of HS was so much better than the real thing:mjcry:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Was Whoopi even technically directing the choir since the kids were all out there doing their own somehow perfectly non choreographed choreography?? :patrice:

What if they wound up disqualified for not wearing their robes? :lolbron:
:lupe:Were the other choirs salty they didn't go without the robes?
I bet they actually did that version of joyfull joyfull in practice/class to loosen up and SMC seen how nervous they were and was like fukk it let's go out on our terms. and yes she was directing them. the song is still the same song so yes she is directing them

I'm pretty sure they had a change of closes in bags.

Yes

Daps
So, if you grew up watching movies from the last +25 years I'm sure you've seen or at least heard of Sister Act II. The movie with starring Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Najimy (Peggy Hill), Maggie Smith (Professor McGonagall, in Harry Potter) & the lovely Lauryn Hill.

Anyway, if you have seen the movie you should remember this scene

After years have gone by seeing this movie my sister & I have no reason to watch it, but make observations of it & laugh at how it really don't add up.
Now, what I want to know is how they pull this off? Did they plan to do all this dancing in their robes? What about the kids with hats on? Did they have them in they back pockets? You got kids with Tims on & some with a gym shoes on... They had all this on under their choir robes... I just spent a good 15 minutes picking apart this scene with my sister. :russ:

You even got folks backflipping & shyt. They had this all pre-planned to be done on the choir robes??? :mindblown:

:dead:
We used to laugh at this everytime we watched this movie growing up. They show them being dressed in the back and they're all dressed up under those robes. Even in the in the vid when they show them taking off the robes the scene jumps abruptly (:mjlol: @ that editing) so and their clothes underneath change.

I'm pretty sure they had a change of closes in bags.

Yes

They changed whilst Lauryn finished her solo :comeon:

What about Lauryn herself? She ran off stage, took off her robe and changed into the freshest gear the early 90s had to offer all in the time it took my man to do the back flip in the overall jorts? :russ: