Six players who could have rivaled jordan

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look at Jordan's fukking defense and offensive bag in college :mindblown: It still blows my mind that he was drafted third. That Bobby Knight quote always comes to mind where he told Portland to draft Jordan no matter what, and if they need a center then just put Jordan at center :russ:
some of those causal defensive plays he’s making are ridiculous lol, you can see why they called him the black cat

Daps
What happens if Bias avoids drugs and stays healthy AND Larry Bird never injures his back?

How long would it have taken for Detroit and Chicago to finally breakthrough and win rings?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
some of those causal defensive plays he’s making are ridiculous lol, you can see why they called him the black cat

Jordan = the glove

How they let Gary payton steal his nickname still boggles my mind.
When Mike was way better on defense. With a higher loads on both sides of ball too.

Art Barr

Braman

Superstar
Daps
No thread but this would have been better as just recognizing some great players, not comparing them to that black cat :comeon:

The only possible is Len bias. The rest were not on Mike level. At all.

These stat pages are a revisionist historian’s nightmare. ‘I remember Petrovic used to cook MJ!’ . Well the numbers don’t support that. In 92 and 93 Petrovic Avg 21ppg vs Mike. Respectable :ehh:

Jordan in those games: 33ppg:comeon:

Michael Ray was more like a J Kidd and he didn’t get banned til he was 30. Reggie Lewis passed at 28 he was a known entity. Lakers run was done by 91

Actually I change my mind this is a dumb thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No thread but this would have been better as just recognizing some great players, not comparing them to that black cat :comeon:

The only possible is Len bias. The rest were not on Mike level. At all.

These stat pages are a revisionist historian’s nightmare. ‘I remember Petrovic used to cook MJ!’ . Well the numbers don’t support that. In 92 and 93 Petrovic Avg 21ppg vs Mike. Respectable :ehh:

Jordan in those games: 33ppg:comeon:

Michael Ray was more like a J Kidd and he didn’t get banned til he was 30. Reggie Lewis passed at 28 he was a known entity. Lakers run was done by 91

Actually I change my mind this is a dumb thread

It is only me posting an article.

I do not agree with the article at all past bias.
It is just a way to bring up the discussion. Glad you said it was cap. That was the answers I was looking for.

As it is cap besides bias.

Art Barr

Braman

Superstar
Daps

It is just a way to bring up the discussion. Glad you said it was cap. That was the answers I was looking for.

Art Barr

Gotcha. Those are definitely some good what if’s outside of the normal Penny-D Rose-grant hill. They just click baited tf out of the title

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

People also forget bias was an upperclassmen.
Incomparison to Mike.
by a large margin in college as well.

Art Barr

What is funny about bias is.

I never thought he was better than Mike. I just think his pro destination and his height would have created a auerbach styled monopoly of talent. That no other team had the ability to craft to best.

I feel bias was just bigger than jordan and one of those fluid forwards. Where most at that size and play style were really stiff.
Yet mike was just world's better to me.
Just hampered as a pro by reinsdork and later Krause.

As Mike ramped the situation and all the pieces because he was Mike.

Even Phil got ramped because he actually got jordan. If Phil never gets the job from knowing Krause beforehand. Let's say..jordan does not exist. I do not see Phil being successful. Nor going on to the lakers with shaq. Plus it would be no kobe. As kobe has no model to learn how to be kobe from.

So I posted this to eventually get to a rant on bias versus jordan.

This topic is a bit out of the sweetspot for this gen. Since they do not dig in the crate. Plus think they do not need to readily known history. As the smart phone makes people think rhey can cheat on every test in life. By pulling out a digital answer key. When life moves to fast to do that consistently under duress when it counts.

So the undervalued idea of knowing without a digital answer key. Has been lost. The world is moving to a cheaters ideal. Where when we were kids. You got expelled for trying to use a calculator or cheat with an answer key.
Now from smArt phones.

People act like they googlesed't it. When they have not Google a damn thing. Plus have no real interest in much.

Like everyone in general is less knowledgeable and has shorter recall or no recall of facts. Which is disturbing. As it feels people are losing their ability to cognitively formulate answers. Plus lack knowledge to ascertain the answers.
It is going to become a problem.
with human connectivity as time goes forward.

[This is alarming being black. As civil rights could be fully eliminated and we become victimized moving forward even more so].

Especially in basketball.

as the problem solving ideals on court are being lost. As the new guard plays basic ball. When if they studied film. Ala kobe. They would Excell at a higher clip.

After kobe in hoops. I do not understand why people do not study film of greats. When if they did. Plus used more principles. They would dominate.
Plus it would be more standout players. Smarter scouting and scouts. to more astute front offices. Who have lower disconnect from the sport to administration.

Art Barr

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Art Barr

A healthy Penny would’ve rivaled Jordan. And if Shaq stayed in Orlando maybe they take 1 or 2 titles from the bulls

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
A healthy Penny would’ve rivaled Jordan. And if Shaq stayed in Orlando maybe they take 1 or 2 titles from the bulls

I think penny suffered prematurely from the same thing that hurt kobe and shaq's dynamic. As penny wanted to be the leader.
while not playing pg and move to sg. Where he was not physiologically the standard body type.
that had durability for the sg position. So penny would have eventually gotten injured in the same manner. As it played out in reality of his career.

Shaq was right to move around.

As Mike was Mike because he was able to thwart the big man argument. Simply because the bulls front office was inept. Forcing Mike to be Mike. Yet in regard to penny and shaq. They had these ideas of being Mike. When they had rhe easier path to success with shaq. Where imo they were ungrateful.

Plus eventually lead to their injuries. that hurt their careers. Regardless in timeline of where they occurred.

Art Barr

Last edited: