Six years ago today, CM Punk defeated John Cena at MITB

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Wtf is copying Taker/HBK..a botch that nearly kills a 45 year old man? Everyone has copying the Rock/Austin 2 format for the last 15 years easily. Angle, Taker, Cena, Punk, Styles...all of em.

Aries, Sami, and Rollins have bombed..as have Owens if you want to get technical about it. Lol@acting these guys have had mid tier Jericho, Benoit, and Eddie runs.
:hhh: all of those guys have been near the top of the WWE hierachy for the last 4-5 years (I stopped watching in 2014, but I still hear of them, doesnt matter if you dont like they were still postioned near the top and w/o punk they'd be jobbers

not even touching the HBK/Taker comment

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
the day wwe should have crowned a new face of the company

He wasn't a good enough draw and he didn't like the media appearances and extra outside work that comes with being one of the top guys. He was never going to be the true top face of the company despite how much they pushed him.

Apex

Banned
Daps
He wasn't a good enough draw and he didn't like the media appearances and extra outside work that comes with being one of the top guys. He was never going to be the true top face of the company despite how much they pushed him.
He proved to them he could do everything Cena could do. He did the media appearances even if he didn't like them.

How was he not a big enough draw? Where's the evidence? He sold more than John Cena and this is in spite of the fact that Cena has more merch than anyone.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What wrong w/ having BOTH Cena and Punk at top, there is this belief there can only be 1 top guy when there has been like 2-3 each generation

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

I have to disagree with some of this - he talked about doing a bunch of 'Make-A-Wish' visits on the Colt Cabana podcast. He was also doing stuff like Fallon as well as pop culture stuff with Nerdist and Marc Maron too.

The impression I got was that he couldn't be the top face in the company because of how they pushed him. I mean, they put him on a card under Johnny Ace...

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
I have to disagree with some of this - he talked about doing a bunch of 'Make-A-Wish' visits on the Colt Cabana podcast. He was also doing stuff like Fallon as well as pop culture stuff with Nerdist and Marc Maron too.

The impression I got was that he couldn't be the top face in the company because of how they pushed him. I mean, they put him on a card under Johnny Ace...

He didn't present himself as a face of the company. Isn't that why taker called him out on it back in 2009?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
the day wwe should have crowned a new face of the company
But Vince fell in love with bum ass Del Rio and totally sanked all that momentum with Punk at Summerlam, then jobbing to HHH in a shyt show for making fun of him, and that stupid HIAC debacle.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:hhh: all of those guys have been near the top of the WWE hierachy for the last 4-5 years (I stopped watching in 2014, but I still hear of them, doesnt matter if you dont like they were still postioned near the top and w/o punk they'd be jobbers

not even touching the HBK/Taker comment
How did CM Punk make them stars? Explain it to me. Teach me something for the first time since you been here.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What wrong w/ having BOTH Cena and Punk at top, there is this belief there can only be 1 top guy when there has been like 2-3 each generation
When Bryan win the belt and pursued the belt, Cena got pushed out of the main event. Punk' s title reigns only got last billing against the Rock and those wack Cena rematches. The one in Boston almost got no reaction. It was kind of a sad sight.