Sixers end trade talks for Harden and will bring him back next season

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I don't believe this narrative

Harden is still a 3rd option on a championship team level player.
He's looking for high 2nd option money and has proven he will quit when he doesn't get his way.
100% agree. There are times where I feel like some of these players believe that the CEOs are generating a large source of revenue off their play. Some of these CEOs are operating at a loss with owning these franchises. The Walton family didn't buy the Broncos because their main source of revenue was football. Same thing with Balmer and Paul Allen with basketball.
A lot of people believe this. Let the Coli tell it all team owners are Bill Gates level billionaires.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Harden has zero leverage. If he misses more than 30 days holding out the 76ers have the right to block his free agency status next season.
"A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have "complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder." Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise."

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
He couls always get a back injury. Can't prove if its real or not
bird-box.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He couls always get a back injury. Can't prove if its real or not
Maybe he should have done that before saying in public he's done with the team. This is part of the new CBA and I'm betting if the team doctor clears him he's SOL.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Harden has zero leverage. If he misses more than 30 days holding out the 76ers have the right to block his free agency status next season.
Yeah, I'm not convinced he has no leverage. While what you posted about the CBA is true -- how is Embiid going to react to a wasted year? What ebtter for Embiid No harden or 76ers taking a lesser deal to get something?

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm not convinced he has no leverage. While what you posted about the CBA is true -- how is Embiid going to react to a wasted year? What ebtter for Embiid No harden or 76ers taking a lesser deal to get something?
This. NY is one of the greatest cities in the world and MSG is called 'The Mecca'. And yet no legit superstar outside of Melo has wanted to go there in two decades. Because the Knicks as an organization are considered a joke.

That's what Philly is risking if they force Harden to sit out a year and block his free agency. Players don't wanna play for grandstanding owners.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Players don't wanna play for grandstanding owners.
The Nets let them dudes reconstruct the roster and pick the head coach and it still wasn't enough. At this point I don't blame teams for playing hardball. It's no guarantees for bending over backwards for players or even running the organization right since players may still want to leave for any random reason.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Nets let them dudes reconstruct the roster and pick the head coach and it still wasn't enough. At this point I don't blame teams for playing hardball. It's no guarantees for bending over backwards for players or even running the organization right since players may still want to leave for any random reason.
But this deflects from management's own responsibilities again. Did they not break their own word about making it clear what Kyrie's role would be during the no-vaccination season when they brought him back anyway? Did they themselves not refuse to give Kyrie the max extension when KD and Ky were looking for that security? Did they not let Ime walk to the Celtics? Did they not act hypocritically during the jews-documentary controversy? I know I'm forgetting stuff.

That's the thing. The owners wanna always be right because they have money and not be held accountable themselves. Players make so much money nowadays over their careers that they just don't give a sh*t about some random guy with arbitrarily more money than they have to get bossed around like that. Them's the old days.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Did they not break their own word about making it clear what Kyrie's role would be during the no-vaccination season when they brought him back anyway? Did they themselves not refuse to give Kyrie the max extension when KD and Ky were looking for that security? Did they not let Ime walk to the Celtics? Did they not act hypocritically during the jews-documentary controversy?
Doesn't Kyrie behavior and decisions complicate all that though? IIRC Kyrie being on the team and having that level of freedom was the result of the org capitulating to player wishes to begin with (Durant's).

I understand giving in to players as part of the recruitment process but at some point it's just diminishing returns especially if you're not winning titles and said player is out of their prime (Harden)

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't Kyrie behavior and decisions complicate all that though? IIRC Kyrie being on the team and having that level of freedom was the result of the org capitulating to player wishes to begin with (Durant's).

I understand giving in to players as part of the recruitment process but at some point it's just diminishing returns especially if you're not winning titles and said player is out of their prime (Harden)
I don't know too many out of prime players can drop two 40 point games in two Ws to put their team ahead in a series as a second option. Again, is Morey being held accountable for hiring Doc Rivers?