Skylar White was RIGHT!!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Starting my 80th rewatch of Breaking Bad and I never understood the hate she gets.

Season 1: They have been married 20 years with a baby on the way. All the sudden, out the blue, this man starts disappearing, lying, taking secrets calls. And he lied about having cancer. All Skylar does is get him a better job with free healthcare and payment of the entire treatment. He turns it down.

Season 2: Walt starts it off with a fake ass fugue state that non medical professionals believed. Gets home for 3 days and needs to run to cook meth, so cooks huge breakfasts every time it’s time to lie. Meanwhile she went to get a job to help out. While he’s still doing all the stuff from season 1, but worse. She still sits by his side knowing he lying. As he disappears for days at a time to cook meth. And at the end of it all, Skylar finds out every single thing was a lie. He treatment payments, the trip to his mom, the second phone, all of it

Season 3: Does she call the cops. Tell her sister. Tell the kids. Nope. Just kindly asks him to leave. Hits him with a divorce as anyone would after being lied to like that. Doesn’t ask for money. Doesn’t try to fukk him up. Just a divorce. This man says no and moves back in unwanted, and starts turning the son against her. Mind you Mexican cartel has kidnapped him once and showed up in his house to axe murder him. But fukk her and the fam right? His moves get his brother in law almost murked. Damn season 3 is long cause she still helping this nikka. When Saul has a dumbass idea to launder through a gaming spot, she correctly states how insane that looks and gets the car wash for him. Against his own pessimism.

Season 4: Is when I imagine the hate starts. She cheated on Walt. After all the shyt he put her through, she didn’t leave. She cheated. I think they’re even. But no no. Walt goes on a dumbass mission to challenge the authority of Gus, leading to even more threats to the life of his family. The family who didn’t have shyt to do with this and told him stop when they found out. So now she knows this man is putting her and her kids life in jeopardy on a daily basis besides just the life in prison and all assets gone. But here’s the thing. Gus told Walt to walk away. Keep the money, retire, and live life. Again this man chooses to not put his family first and goes to war with Gus instead.

Season 5: She no longer gives two fukks but still helps him launder money. Again having to show him in the end, all the money, just to get him to quit. Which is what he finally does, until telling on his damn self with his dumbass book in the bathroom.

I’m not sure what exactly she did to become the worst wife in TV history. But every time I watch. I’m amazed that people take Walt’s side against his loving wife.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
giphy.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Starting my 80th rewatch of Breaking Bad and I never understood the hate she gets.

Season 1: They have been married 20 years with a baby on the way. All the sudden, out the blue, this man starts disappearing, lying, taking secrets calls. And he lied about having cancer. All Skylar does is get him a better job with free healthcare and payment of the entire treatment. He turns it down.

Season 2: Walt starts it off with a fake ass fugue state that non medical professionals believed. Gets home for 3 days and needs to run to cook meth, so cooks huge breakfasts every time it’s time to lie. Meanwhile she went to get a job to help out. While he’s still doing all the stuff from season 1, but worse. She still sits by his side knowing he lying. As he disappears for days at a time to cook meth. And at the end of it all, Skylar finds out every single thing was a lie. He treatment payments, the trip to his mom, the second phone, all of it

Season 3: Does she call the cops. Tell her sister. Tell the kids. Nope. Just kindly asks him to leave. Hits him with a divorce as anyone would after being lied to like that. Doesn’t ask for money. Doesn’t try to fukk him up. Just a divorce. This man says no and moves back in unwanted, and starts turning the son against her. Mind you Mexican cartel has kidnapped him once and showed up in his house to axe murder him. But fukk her and the fam right? His moves get his brother in law almost murked. Damn season 3 is long cause she still helping this nikka. When Saul has a dumbass idea to launder through a gaming spot, she correctly states how insane that looks and gets the car wash for him. Against his own pessimism.

Season 4: Is when I imagine the hate starts. She cheated on Walt. After all the shyt he put her through, she didn’t leave. She cheated. I think they’re even. But no no. Walt goes on a dumbass mission to challenge the authority of Gus, leading to even more threats to the life of his family. The family who didn’t have shyt to do with this and told him stop when they found out. So now she knows this man is putting her and her kids life in jeopardy on a daily basis besides just the life in prison and all assets gone. But here’s the thing. Gus told Walt to walk away. Keep the money, retire, and live life. Again this man chooses to not put his family first and goes to war with Gus instead.

Season 5: She no longer gives two fukks but still helps him launder money. Again having to show him in the end, all the money, just to get him to quit. Which is what he finally does, until telling on his damn self with his dumbass book in the bathroom.

I’m not sure what exactly she did to become the worst wife in TV history. But every time I watch. I’m amazed that people take Walt’s side against his loving wife.

fukk yeah! Dapped & repped!

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
100% agree. I've always been in the minority about Skylar.

Only thing I didn't agree with her was maybe sleeping with Ted.

Walt was a terrible husband and lier. The best thing about the last episode was Walt finally told the truth to Skylar that he did none of this for family but for his own ego and selfishness.

earthwalka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
first watch, i did find her annoying and I think the show wants you to dislike her in some form. of course, this was taken to the next level when the actress started receiving death threats from "fans" of the show.

every subsequent watch and just generally becoming more of a mature person, Skylar's plight is totally understood. Walt is crazy, selfish, narcissist. let's be real, from the start, this has all been about HIS ego. He became a drug dealer and meth cooker because he loved it and it brought excitement to his otherwise mundane life. For some fans, it's not enough that he admits that he loved the sport of it.

I think Walt is just an easy character to root for. The first season establishes his character (his TRUE character) so well, even though most find the first season a drag, I think it's the most insightful when it comes to understanding why Walt is absolutely NOT a person we should root for. But the show is written so well that you don't start realizing how insane this man is until the end. That's just good storytelling if you ask me.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I never thought she was that bad. They all have their flaws, but I thought Marie was a lot more annoying in the first couple seasons. Marie becomes more sympathetic when you see how good she is to Hank, but she was annoying as hell. Hank was an ass too, he goes to Walt’s birthday and implies that Walt is not a man because he thinks a gun is heavy lol

I thought Carmela Soprano was more unlikeable and far less sympathetic. Skylar thought she was marrying a chemist/teacher, Carmela knew all along what Tony was. And she still acts smug and self-righteous.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I dunno - the entire Ted arc is pretty damning, to me, when you talk about Skylar.

She gets that 'worst wife' jacket because she helped Ted cook the books when she could have walked away. Also: we watched Walt face off with assorted blood-thirsty, drug dealing lunatics over the years, but it was his wife who had him lying in the crawl space under the house like :damn::damn::damn:after she told him she gave Ted the money to fix the accounts. shyt - he has to kill Gus, because he knows they can't get Hoover Max'd without the cash. After a point - I think she enjoyed the criminal side of her life too.

I don't think it's as easy as saying she was blameless - Vince Gilligan has always seemed way to interested in layering his characters to make it that simple.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps

i don't care if she's in the "right'

she's an annoying white bytch. she was the karen before there were karens. fukk her and her funky ass sister.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gospel.

Just like the Wire makes you cheer for Stringer before you realize he’s trash on your 3rd re-watch

And the way the Sopranos makes you love Tony when he’s the villain of the show.

Or Vick Mackey or even Don Drapper.

This is what makes great tv.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
^ Reminds me of the flip-flopping/hatred ppl had for Wendy Bryde. People can only accept their antagonist as a flawed but understandable character. No one else gets that same level of empathy, especially if they are of the opposite gender.