Smack/URL Presents Summer Madness 8 - Hollow Da Don vs. John John Da Don

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Hollow will have a built in excuse. My guess is he'll say there was an uncertainty as to whether the battle would happen, which messed up his preparation. That was my thoughts once I heard it was debatable.

I see Hollow saying this, verbatim. We all saw what he said about the Budden battle.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Ok I finished watching all the battles.

Let me say this: THE VOD IS MUCH BETTER.
I say this because they chopped all the battles up individually and you can scroll down and watch them if you would like to do so.
Furthermore, SMACK URL, should keep the PPVs of VODs you pay for right in your profile so you can revisit them, IF they can do it.
If you copped Strike 2.5, you can still access it so hopefully they do that.
Probably can't but its wishful thinking.

Rum Nitty vs. Geechi Gotti - Bonafied West Coast Classic and I think the fans who have been keeping up with them can agree. Its makes it hard as fukk that they couldn't leave the country and broadcasted the battle overseas and filmed it beforehand. I may edged this to Geechi 2-1 but I think I have to rewatch it. Alot of dope ass England references, too. Even though you can tell the fukk with each other, they kept it professional and didn't hold back.

Iron Solomon vs. T Top - Just a strange battle that wasn't too bad. I honestly don't think Iron was too inspired to do this battle as well as T Top but, they did what they could to make the match work. I feel like Smack put it together because both of them are good at using angles. But anyways, I gave T Top the first and Iron the second. The third...kinda tricky. I think T Top got more reaction and did well but Iron said some shyt that got to T Top I think and at the very least played the angle right with them. So far, I got it debatable 2-1 because that third had some shyt in it from both sides, good and bad, IMO.

Arsonal vs. New Jersey Twork - Man oh man....I kept thinking Twork should have been sat done after all he has done this year with the ducking, no showing, and choking. His punishment? Taking a loss to Arsonal. Clear. 2-1 or 3-0. And the crazy part about it...Twork was actually good in this battle. I just think that Ars really and I mean really...outclassed Twork. Especially in that 2nd round. I don't go by listing accomplishments as a win but he made a good point about Twork just getting on and what he has accomplished. Then, Ars got to to him and almost started a fight at end of his round and got him tight. Just wow, I don't think I have ever seen Ars go off like that.

Gemini vs. Soul - SMACK is a funny guy. He announced this battle with Eurgh and stood there...and like half listened to it, LOL. But I will say, he gets props for paying homage to the UK scene/Don't Flop era. I got Gemini 2-1 in this battle. I gave Gemini the 1st and 3rd with Soul taking the 2nd. I will say Soul did do good in this battle but he came off a little shaky at first. He turned the fukk up in the 2nd and did his thing. I think Gemini repeated the racist angle a lot in the first but made it work, his second was ok, and his third he came back with something more solid. I would like to Gemini vs. Franchize on a SMACK card that has an international appeal. Think it would be dope. The sad thing about this battle is that we know that the casual fans (mostly black American battle rap fans who probably only watch SMACK URL) will bytch about it because of the accents and ask for headlining battles in the comments (like they have done with SMACK battles from the UK before) but hopefully, the UK crowd will support this battle when it drops.

Tay Rock vs. Pat Stay - You know what? This battle sold me and I could not call this one; at first. I feel like Tay Rock is very underrated when he can give some good angles and not use gun bars. And I feel like Pat Stay has great crowd with everything else along with his jokes. However, Tay choked in the 3rd and Pat Stay stumbled a bit thru the battle. I was about to say its debatable until I realized...Tay Roc is talking thru Pat's 2nd and it came across sloppy. So, I had to give it to Pat Stay 2-1 or 3-0 with no body. Plus, the freestyles and rebuttals were fukking nuts. Tay should have chilled in the middle of the battle and not almost fought Pat which gave his first more power than it should have.

Hollow Da Don vs. John John Da Don - The grudge match we have been waiting lately has finally happened. I have to say, for someone who just got released and flew to London to battle, John John was fukkin' ready. The bloggers got me mad on this because I feel like they tried to discredit some of the shyt Hollow was doing in the battle. I think John John may have taken the first and Hollow got the second. Not sure who took the third but here's the thing about this battle for me: it was alot of exposing of angles on top of other angles we may have heard. I think Hollow played that well in the battle and the sign he held up was hilarious. I think John John was direct enough to the punch and was hungry. Right now, I am egding Hollow 2-1 but I can see the case for John John winning.

OVERALL: You have to hand it to the UK crowd and the battlers. The battlers all pretty much showed up and the fans reacted well. Who lost for real? I think the bloggers and the league over the communication about John John being able to make it to the battle. If anything, SMACK URL could gave out something that could give an indicator on what to look out for and the bloggers should have chilled on the whole idea of him not being able to make it; not sure what they could have said but that shouldn't take over the conversation of a successful event afterwards. Seems like there were very minor sound issues and Avocado once again, shows us why he is the best in the game when it comes to camera work and streaming. Is it worth buying? As a battle rap fan who has kept up with the UK scene to a degree, yes.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think after multiple watches I got top winning over Iron 2-1, 1st and 3rd, I just think pretty much all of irons rounds started slow to me cause maybe he was catering to what he thought would be a more white crowd with the jokes. and it just made for more dry spots. even his angle with the strike in round 3 was only ok to me and it started mad akward but debatable battle.

and i got geechi with the 1st and 3rd over nitty

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
dang I waited to late too late to purchase this thought you could still buy the VOD:mjcry:I haven't had time to watch any battles the last few weeks:mjcry: