Smark Dissing Undertaker in 2001

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Taker was getting referred as The American Fatass:mjlol:

Old heads, was taker really:flabbynsick: in the early 00s?

shyt was made worse by him trying to convince people he was a legit tough guy/ bad ass, like we didn't see him walking around in a Halloween costume for a decade already:why:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
He had that pudgy stomach. Lol. But yeah they hated on Taker big time for years...and in 2001, the Net really thought Cripple H was the best. Lol. They finally flipped on him 8 months into 2002.

I sort of remember reading some wrestling dirtsheets but I have no recollection of taker being hated on the net earliest recollection was reading rajah.com in like the year 2000

But I probably wasn't heavy into dirtsheets until 2002

I still remember all the anglefire forums from back in those days lmao

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I remember there was a house show here in early 2002 and heel Biker Taker was fighting RVD in a Hardcore match, and some women stood up at one point and yelled at Taker "Retire already!" and Taker turned and looked at her and yelled, "SHUT UP, YOU STUPID, UGLY bytch!" I don't think she made noise for the rest of the night and her man didn't say anything either.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I love seeing old IWC post from that time period. Back when people thought that HHH was underutilized, Rock and Stone Cold were overexposed, Chris Benoit was the Cesaro of his time and Test should've been had next.:wow: I bet he's saying how Taker a legend and we should respek him and blah blah now.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

There was a small window of time from about March 2000 until about May 2002 where HHH had about 60% of smarks on his side. His popularity peaked in 2001 though. Even though he came back to that MASSIVE pop in 02 people almost immediately began to question his face run.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
In 2001? Hell fukking yeah. Every forum worshipped Cripple H. They would complain about Austin wearing knee braces..they loved Benoit and RVD...those were the days. They were calling Taker fat and damn sure didnt see him as the best..it was like they hated everyone popular and loved most shyt from ECW. Stephanie was still hated though. They really loved Shane too and acted like those big stunts he did were just great. Lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There was a small window of time from about March 2000 until about May 2002 where HHH had about 60% of smarks on his side. His popularity peaked in 2001 though. Even though he came back to that MASSIVE pop in 02 people almost immediately began to question his face run.
They thought he was really gonna raise ratings and reach Austin/Rock status..especially after that pop. But he was different..he put on too much muscle and changed the way he wrestled as a face.

They used to always give Cripple H credit during his heel run because he was always getting the offense in matches and no one connected the dots on the politics until the Stephanie relationship went viral. When he started selling too much and had to do what Rock and Austin was doing and work comeback matches, they slowly flipped on him and then his reigns of doom as Rock went to Hollywood and Austin walked out and everyone loving Benoit/Eddie..it all led to his fall from grace.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
In 2001? Hell fukking yeah. Every forum worshipped Cripple H. They would complain about Austin wearing knee braces..they loved Benoit and RVD...those were the days. They were calling Taker fat and damn sure didnt see him as the best..it was like they hated everyone popular and loved most shyt from ECW. Stephanie was still hated though. They really loved Shane too and acted like those big stunts he did were just great. Lol.

Easy there. It was in 2001 when Austin became looked at as this great technical wrestler when previously he was thought of as an average brawler limited by his knees and neck. Now Rock was starting to get backlash but 2001 was a renaissance for Austin.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Easy there. It was in 2001 when Austin became looked at as this great technical wrestler when previously he was thought of as an average brawler limited by his knees and neck. Now Rock was starting to get backlash but 2001 was a renaissance for Austin.
Nah..that was later years. People hated the comedy Austin version, hated WCW/ECW portrayed as heels, hated them kissing Austin's ass and not being the characters they knew. Austin became a loved heel in revision.