Mixtapes & EPs SMINO - She Already Decided (2020)

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
This is an enjoyable listen, but I agree T-Pain stole the show. I been following Smino for a while now. I enjoy his music but I think he is missing something...

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This is an enjoyable listen, but I agree T-Pain stole the show. I been following Smino for a while now. I enjoy his music but I think he is missing something...

Please say more. Missing what exactly?

What is he missing and what does he stand to gain if he can get it?

There isn't enough A&R talk on this forum.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Only thing he’s missing is breaking through. Dude is both unique and dope, he just hasn’t gone (and might not ever be) mainstream

Yeah, I've been watching his rise for the past 5 years. It's been pleasantly organic.
NOIR debuting in the Top 200. The Festival circuit. The Nelly Stamp. ROTD3.
That's the last bit of 2018 and all of 2019. That's a solid year.

And now a surprise mixtape drops and trends #2 on twitter. He's trending in the right direction.

I think going mainstream depends on being on a major label. He just moved out to LA so who knows what his plans are.

Greenvale seems to be suggesting that it's the music, I'd like to know what it is about the music.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Yeah, I've been watching his rise for the past 5 years. It's been pleasantly organic.
NOIR debuting in the Top 200. The Festival circuit. The Nelly Stamp. ROTD3.
That's the last bit of 2018 and all of 2019. That's a solid year.

And now a surprise mixtape drops and trends #2 on twitter. He's trending in the right direction.

I think going mainstream depends on being on a major label. He just moved out to LA so who knows what his plans are.

Greenvale seems to be suggesting that it's the music, I'd like to know what it is about the music.
I guess I think he needs someone to properly executive produce his stuff. I like all of his projects but they tend to have filler or over reliance on the same producer.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I guess I think he needs someone to properly executive produce his stuff. I like all of his projects but they tend to have filler or over reliance on the same producer.
I actually think artists need to go back to sticking to mainly one producer - people had more cohesive albums back in the day when they did that

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I actually think artists need to go back to sticking to mainly one producer - people had more cohesive albums back in the day when they did that
I agree overall, but I guess for me that Monte Booker sound is a little too much sometimes. It was actually refreshing to hear him on different production for this tape.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I agree overall, but I guess for me that Monte Booker sound is a little too much sometimes. It was actually refreshing to hear him on different production for this tape.

I'm the complete opposite to you.

Smino is never better than when he's with Monte.

It's the Monte-less Smino that has me more :ld: than :whoo: