So any black woman in scrubs = a nurse now?

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
Some of the posts here are really mean. I'm a doctor and it's true when you're a woman wearing g scrubs, people always assume you're a nurse. I correct them if they ask, but it's not a big deal, people are sexist. It never occurred to me that because I'm a black woman wearing scrubs that the assumption is that I'm a CNA or an LPN. That's news to me, but yeah... people are racist so I get it.

I don't think there's anyone to dog someone who is making an honest living. While sometimes nurses and techs annoy me on the job (and I'm sure I annoy them lol), ultimately we're all on the same team and I am glad and happy when they do their jobs well. A good nurse is invaluable because I simply can't be there to watch the patients all the time.

And to the med student who was ishting on nurses, I think you should check your attitude. I remember my first week of working, a nurse saved my ass, I could have killed a patient had she not opened my eyes to an order I placed wrong. Now I'm a lot better, but nurses still help me put quite a bit. We're a team.

This is how i know you are :duck: no doctor no matter what ever takes blame you would have dropped that on the nurse unless youre a res then i understand. Drs walk around like they are god-like especially in the OR.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
This is how i know you are :duck: no doctor no matter what ever takes blame you would have dropped that on the nurse unless youre a res then i understand. Drs walk around like they are god-like especially in the OR.

She described it as her first week of working so...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
When did black women get this monopoly on the healthcare industry?:dwillhuh::wtf: I've been seeing alot more of them in nursing ...

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
When did black women get this monopoly on the healthcare industry?:dwillhuh::wtf: I've been seeing alot more of them in nursing ...
NEVER.

Ive worked at 4 hospitals in Los Angeles and have visited over 30 In CA 1 in 100 black folk is a nurse. Where im at all black dudes are evs or work for materials. They wear scrubs and not a single one of them listens when i tell em get the certs up. "its to hard" is all i hear :what:Not a single person in OR/PACU/ICU that i deal with has a black nurse. Not ONE!

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NEVER.

Ive worked at 4 hospitals in Los Angeles and have visited over 30 In CA 1 in 100 black folk is a nurse. Where im at all black dudes are evs or work for materials. They wear scrubs and not a single one of them listens when i tell em get the certs up. "its to hard" is all i hear :what:Not a single person in OR/PACU/ICU that i deal with has a black nurse. Not ONE!
Not like that other places. Black women dominate around here. Half the nurses all the cna's half the techs. LA sounds like a shytty place for black folks. The south is not like that at all.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Facts. A guy nurse getting the job even if he shows up to the interview in sweats and puts his feet on the desk during the interview.

I wore scrubs from my other job to my interview at my current job.

came thru like:manny:...:troll:...:birdman:

landed the job on the spot :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean if I put the order in how could I have blamed it on her for giving lol. Something like that is easily traceable. I guess it depends on your perspective. I have a lot of nurses in my family, I asked a couple of the why they give new residents such a hard time, making fun of them, push back, etc. And they said it's because we come in acting like we run this, thinking we're better. If only yall knew how scary those first few months are. It's true some doctors have a pissy attitude, but some nurses do too! Lol.