So Busta Rhymes & Fat Joe are hip hop culture vultures now ?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I don’t understand what angle your missing

these 2 individuals became culture vultures the minute that they disrespected and try to rewrite history on the culture they partaken

Plenty of ADOS/FBAs have also disrespected the culture. If that was the case 98% of these rappers are culture vultures.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
So they were there then?

Just trying to figure out how you can automatically tell who is caribbean or hispanic vs blk american
Especially if THEY ALL speak the same slang, have the same color, dress the same, in the same gangs etc

yes

I can personally tell you as an old head born and raised in the Bronx
That you could tell the difference between a black American versus a black Caribbean versus a Spanish Caribbean no question no doubt because when those individuals from the Caribbean whether they were black or Spanish came to America with their own culture, their own slang , their own dialect , they own talking points , their own style, they own dressing patterns, etc., etc.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
yes

I can personally tell you as an old head born and raised in the Bronx
That you could tell the difference between a black American versus a black Caribbean versus a Spanish Caribbean no question no doubt because when those individuals from the Caribbean whether they were black or Spanish came to America with their own culture, their own slang , their own dialect , they own talking points , their own style, they own dressing patterns, etc., etc.

Why are you talking about immigrants?

We speaking specifically about Joe and Busta here

Joe said when he was born in the projects, his next door neighbors were blk
His first words he understood was a blk woman saying "come here lil N word"

Busta born and raised in NY, never did Jamaican music, never spoke patois in public till recently

Both BORN AND BRED Americans

How could you tell them different from blk americans?

Do I have to define "immigrant" vs Born Citizen for you?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Should’ve never started that annoying “cooacha” or “you don’t know/have history” circle jerk to put BA’s down in the first place. Now the world gotta deal with the petty shyt and some of us annoying everyone with it. :yeshrug:
“Not Like Us” hitting different now huh. Kai comments section was letting him know

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Plenty of ADOS/FBAs have also disrespected the culture. If that was the case 98% of these rappers are culture vultures.

hip-hop is an black american aka ADOS/FBA culture … so if one of them disrespects the culture, they cannot be culture vulture because hip-hop culture is their natural born right - although they may be a major embarrassment towards the culture … they could never still be a culture vulture

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fat Joe seems like a bit of a clout chaser at this point, but his come-up is official.

I wouldn't say he's a vulture at all. He's just always selling you some bullshyt

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Why are you talking about immigrants?

We speaking specifically about Joe and Busta here

Joe said when he was born in the projects, his next door neighbors were blk
His first words he understood was a blk woman saying "come here lil N word"

Busta born and raised in NY, never did Jamaican music, never spoke patois in public till recently

Both BORN AND BRED Americans

How could you tell them different from blk americans?

Do I have to define "immigrant" vs Born Citizen for you?

:snoop:

I posted a video of Grandmaster Caz talking about the very beginning of hip-hop …. this pre-dates, Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe so what the hell are you talking about?

So they were there then?

Just trying to figure out how you can automatically tell who is caribbean or hispanic vs blk american
Especially if THEY ALL speak the same slang, have the same color, dress the same, in the same gangs etc

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

I posted a video of Grandmaster Caz talking about the very beginning of hip-hop …. this pre-dates, Busta Rhymes and Fat Joe so what the hell are you talking about?

We are talking about Joe and Busta
Not no before or after
Whether these gentlemen are vultures etc

I could understand if Joe was making spanish music
I could understand if Busta was doing collabs with Shabba or Patra

They both are all the way New Yorkers and Americans

As Biggie whose mother still has an accent
Yet NOTHING about Biggie was Jamaican

Did you not grow up with hundreds of folks born here in America that have nothing to do with their parents culture?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
We are talking about Joe and Busta
Not no before or after
Whether these gentlemen are vultures etc

I could understand if Joe was making spanish music
I could understand if Busta was doing collabs with Shabba or Patra

They both are all the way New Yorkers and Americans

As Biggie whose mother still has an accent
Yet NOTHING about Biggie was Jamaican

Did you not grow up with hundreds of folks born here in America that have nothing to do with their parents culture?

The topic to this thread is about Busta Rhymes who completely lied and said hip-hop is Jamaican and fat Joe, who completely lied and said hip-hop is 50-50 between black and Spanish … the only way we can address these lies is to go back to the very beginning

With that said , like I posted before the very beginnings of hip-hop, you could tell a black American vs black Caribbean vs spanish Caribbean person

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
hip-hop is an black american aka ADOS/FBA culture … so if one of them disrespects the culture, they cannot be culture vulture because hip-hop culture is their natural born right - although they may be a major embarrassment towards the culture … they could never still be a culture vulture

That's something you just made up that contradicts the 1996 article straight from Bams mouth I posted in post #111. I'm gonna listen to one of the actual founding fathers of hip hop over you.

:yeshrug:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

The topic to this thread is about Busta Rhymes who completely lied and said hip-hop is Jamaican and fat Joe, who completely lied and said hip-hop is 50-50 between black and Spanish … the only way we can address these lies is to go back to the very beginning

With that said , like I posted before the very beginnings of hip-hop, you could tell a black American vs black Caribbean vs spanish Caribbean person

Somehow you the only person on earth who can look at a born and bred American and tell if they blk american vs black caribbean vs blk spanish

All born in the same place, speak the same, same schools, same dressing, same color, same everything

Tell me, how you able to do that?

Hairlines, jawline, color?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Somehow you the only person on earth who can look at a born and bred American and tell if they blk american vs black caribbean vs blk spanish

All born in the same place, speak the same, same schools, same dressing, same color, same everything

Tell me, how you able to do that?

Hairlines, jawline, color?

stop being obtuse

I’m talking about way back in the days

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Busta saying that black Americans don’t have culture is disappointing because it’s factually incorrect. It’s disappointing because I like Busta, he lost points for that. But I can’t flat out call him a vulture.

Fat Joe has been comfortable for far too long. It was cringe when he doubled down on saying the “N” word instead of saying to himself that maybe he should fall back a bit on that. Considering that he’s a white Latino he’s much closer to being a vulture than he’s not.