So China's Wolf Warrior 2 is about to be one of the biggest movies in history

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

‘Wolf Warrior 2’ Devours $680M+; ‘Annabelle’ Conjures $35M; ‘Spider-Man’ Tops $700M WW – International Box Office

‘Wolf Warrior 2’ Devours $680M+; ‘Annabelle’ Conjures $35M; ‘Spider-Man’ Tops $700M WW – International Box Office

UPDATE, WRITETHRU: New Line/Warner Bros’ Annabelle: Creation came to life at the international box office this weekend with $35M in her first wide frame. The prequel spinoff was the major expanded title in overseas markets, while pictures like Spider-Man: Homecoming, Dunkirk, Valerian and more passed new milestones. Nevertheless, offshore play continues to be dominated by China‘s action phenom, Wolf Warrior 2.

The Wu Jing-helmed title saw a roughly 50% drop in the 3rd frame as it whistled to an estimated cume of $682.5M in the Middle Kingdom. That’s after 18 days in release and makes it the No. 3 movie internationally this year. It’s also No. 3 on the list of all-time biggest grossers in a single market.

Having passed The Dark Knight, The Avengers, Jurassic World and Titanic this session, it sits behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($936.7M) and Avatar ($760.5M). All films outside WW2 achieved their milestones in North America, and all figures are historical.

There is every reason to believe WW2 will knock the Na’vi off their No. 2 perch as daily grosses in the midweeks were around $30M on average. This weekend, per research firm Ent Group, the estimate is $83M, a 50% drop from last frame which itself was up 30% on the debut session. The Rambo-esque pic is due to run into September.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I know most of you cats have all been indoctrinated to pretend that nothing outside of Hollywood matters but I'm :ohlawd: at this shyt.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
I seen the news about this on the weekend. I wanna see WW2 now. shyt looks like a dope action flick. I hope they have an English dubbed version though.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What's it about?
It's basically Chinese Rambo. It's about an elite special ops guy who shoots and kicks his way to Chinese liberty. :russ:

The first one was pretty mediocre actually even as a straight forward action movie but the Middle Kingdom eats this chauvinistic stuff up.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
It's basically Chinese Rambo. It's about an elite special ops guy who shoots and kicks his way to Chinese liberty. :russ:

The first one was pretty mediocre actually even as a straight forward action movie but the Middle Kingdom eats this chauvinistic stuff up.

You Joey Chizzle?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
shyt did 1.9 mil in the states.

@TheGodling pulling another Warcraft on us :bryan:

Read the article, son. shyt is on its way to become the second highest grossing movie in a single market ever, and of the top 10 this is only the second non-Hollywood picture in it (the other was Stephen Chow's The Mermaid). If you don't realize that's fukking massive, you need to turn your brain on.

You Joey Chizzle?
Nope. :dahell: