So does Master P own ICDC College?????

LukeHobbs

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: the website says the tuition was $23,000 in 2010 :wtf: these nikkas rippin folks off. SMH @ going that much in debt for one year IN CALI and having some low level degree. SO 4 years a hunnid racks :snoop: :why:

I went to a Cal State and im only $20K in debt ($40K if I wait to pay it off with min payments tho :shaq2: at me waiting tho)

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon:

No dude, I actually had to deal with these places in depth through my job. They are targeted predominantly to marginalized kids who haven't graduated HS. And by kids I mean late teens/early twenties. Now yes, there is some overlap with the demographics you mentioned, more so single moms and felons than addicts. What ends up happening is, since the majority of these places offer the ability to earn credits toward a GED while you work on college credits (supposedly,) the targeted youth are like moths to a flame. Sounds like a great deal, but the reality is that these places are fully aware that they're prospective students lack the ability and structure to really apply themselves there... and even if they did the education is sub-par, insufficient, and the "teachers" are the useless rejects who are unable to find employment anywhere credible. Statistics bro, the drop-out rate is astronomical and they are fully aware. OK, but by the time you finally give up, (and, again, statistically you will) your PEL, TAP, loans, etc. are already fully depleted to the "school's" profit and you have no funding to use elsewhere (see: a legitimate institution) even if you became able and decided to. Oh, and the trade ones? Good luck getting a job anywhere, even with the credentials you have a very low chance of ending up with.

That's just the brief explanation. Suffice it to say there a hundred other schemes and scams, as well as other unethical shlt going on: for profit purchase of books you'll never use from vendors in cahoots, sexual predator instructors, etc.

Google it man... just don't fool yourself into thinking there's anything positive about these endeavors.

i can dig that tho.. i do know about the trades schools first hand.. im in the plumbing trade and i came up thru an unorthodox apprenticeship (no schooling just worked to get my hours).. and i can say the cats coming out of those schools are dumb as fukk! i wont hire them for any project :sad but true
idk maybe yall right about Ps school.. i just hate seeing young minorities with no ambition and no hope for ANYTHING!
lotta young mothers are getting jobs tho; even if its a small wage it boosts their value and confidence- off section 8 :thumbsup:
but gatdamn percy $22k a year?
:patrice:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
:aicmon:

No dude, I actually had to deal with these places in depth through my job. They are targeted predominantly to marginalized kids who haven't graduated HS. And by kids I mean late teens/early twenties. Now yes, there is some overlap with the demographics you mentioned, more so single moms and felons than addicts. What ends up happening is, since the majority of these places offer the ability to earn credits toward a GED while you work on college credits (supposedly,) the targeted youth are like moths to a flame. Sounds like a great deal, but the reality is that these places are fully aware that they're prospective students lack the ability and structure to really apply themselves there... and even if they did the education is sub-par, insufficient, and the "teachers" are the useless rejects who are unable to find employment anywhere credible. Statistics bro, the drop-out rate is astronomical and they are fully aware. OK, but by the time you finally give up, (and, again, statistically you will) your PEL, TAP, loans, etc. are already fully depleted to the "school's" profit and you have no funding to use elsewhere (see: a legitimate institution) even if you became able and decided to. Oh, and the trade ones? Good luck getting a job anywhere, even with the credentials you have a very low chance of ending up with.

That's just the brief explanation. Suffice it to say there a hundred other schemes and scams, as well as other unethical shlt going on: for profit purchase of books you'll never use from vendors in cahoots, sexual predator instructors, etc.

Google it man... just don't fool yourself into thinking there's anything positive about these endeavors.

BypYQmmCEAAGt1M.jpg:large