So NYC and Cali Brehs/brehettes how bad is the... ?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How bad is the Asia___hate thing for y’all? I’m from the south and rarely interact with them. I don’t know how much credence I should give to the issue.

Do they still let you in their restaurants or beauty supply shops? Is there actual hostility or this just an online thing? Are any of you actually friends with an Asian right now? This may even apply to Brehs in IT or compSci fields too. I’m curious how this affects non-homeless and non-crazy black people.:jbhmm:

Personally, I have only two in my life. Both women and both at work. One is Chinese and the other is Vietnamese. I haven’t brought any of this stuff up in convo, but After the SFO old lady was beat down by crazy dude, the Chinese one got colder towards me, but not hostile. The Vietnamese one actually seems pretty cool with her relations with me and I haven’t noticed a change.

Also, @Tommy Knocks , how does this recent thing affect you as a breh actually living in Asia? I’m curious whether this AsiiaHatte thing even hits your news cycle. I know the US news cycle is often different than foreign. :patrice:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
OP..

I live in Southern California. I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but where I live, I haven't seen anyone mistreating Asian people.

I see them around all the time and I have quite a few Asian familes who live in my neighborhood, but the ones I see around are out an about minding their own business doing what they normally do and I don't see anyone bothering them.

There is an older Asian gentleman that I am working with tonight and we exchanged salutations like we always do.

I think all of this Asian hate is media propaganda. But, once again, I am not in enough Asian circles to say if they are receiving mistreatment or not. I just know that they aren't receiving any mistreatment from me.

Not that serious...

*shrugs*

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can't speak on how they are treated by white people/MAGA people (probably the most likely to buy into covid conspiracies and attack asians, but won't get shown on the news. remember that mass shooter they swept under the rug????????????)

the black vs asian thing is 100% a white supremacist media narrative and sensationalism.

it's probably low key a psyop to get young asians to vote with white people aka maga in the future since i think they went dem in recent elections.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
They ain’t paying attention to that sh for the most part I bet.

And it does not matter how much they hate you or look down on your people, they will still take your money.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
OP..

I live in Southern California. I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but where I live, I haven't seen anyone mistreating Asian people.

I see them around all the time and I have quite a few Asian familes who live in my neighborhood, but the ones I see around are out an about minding their own business doing what they normally do and I don't see anyone bothering them.

There is an older Asian gentleman that I am working with tonight and we exchanged salutations like we always do.

I think all of this Asian hate is media propaganda. But, once again, I am not in enough Asian circles to say if they are receiving mistreatment or not. I just know that they aren't receiving any mistreatment from me.

Not that serious...

*shrugs*
Where you stay at in SoCal? Sound like you in OC or something

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
OP..

Not that serious...

*shrugs*
Pretty much the same for me. I work with and live around quite a few. Any hate that I've seen towards them has come from white people. I would say that they tend to be more racist towards us than the other way around. Like I said when this stop asian hate campaign started, they pointed the finger at us cause they are too coward to go after the real perpetrators:pacspit:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where you stay at in SoCal? Sound like you in OC or something
Any thoughts @KingZimbabwe ? I think you once said you were in tech. Though i think that may be a india heavy industry, as opposed to east asians; has this affected you in any way lately?

again, so sorry about the oil thing. Gas prices still rising, but no effect on oil companies. :snoop:

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much the same for me. I work with and live around quite a few. Any hate that I've seen towards them has come from white people. I would say that they tend to be more racist towards us than the other way around. Like I said when this stop asian hate campaign started, they pointed the finger at us cause they are too coward to go after the real perpetrators:pacspit:

Yeah..

I know this..

Any Asian who mistreat me will get checked! I don't play that shyt! If they treat me with respect, then I will respond in kind. The inverse also applies.

No exceptions!

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Any thoughts @KingZimbabwe ? I think you once said you were in tech. Though i think that may be a india heavy industry, as opposed to east asians; has this affected you in any way lately?

again, so sorry about the oil thing. Gas prices still rising, but no effect on oil companies. :snoop:
I used to be in tech and worked with a lot of Asians. But this was before the stopasianhate thing so idk.

It was always business with me, I circumvented a lot of the bullshyt by not trying to build relationships with em beyond a working capacity. I can be almost sociopathic when it comes to that shyt

And yeah I dipped out at around a 10% loss. The real question is when to buy back the dip :mjpls:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
My roommate is Asian. He's a cool guy and didn't have any prejudice towards Black people AFAIK when I fist met him and I'm sure he doesn't have any now. Perhaps living with a man who's another race than you will help you become more tolerant :yeshrug:

In San Diego at least, most Asians mind their business and most non-Asians mind theirs.

For Asians, It's seems like it's mostly microaggressions except the occasional white trash from Santee trying to start a fight