So Pusha T wrote the McDonalds slogan

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
Marketing CEO Steve Stoute divulged that rapper Pusha T wrote McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" jingle, not Justin Timberlake and Pharrell. Jerritt Clark/Getty
Pusha T Wrote McDonald's 'I'm Lovin' It' Jingle
Marketing CEO Steve Stoute says Clipse rapper was behind song long attributed to Pharrell, Justin Timberlake
By Jon Blistein June 2, 2016

Pusha T wrote the ubiquitous "I'm Lovin' It" jingle for McDonald's, his representative confirmed to Rolling Stone. That makes the rapper the composer of the fast food chain's longest-running marketing campaign in its 76-year history.

Pusha T, The-Dream Exorcise Demons in 'M.F.T.R.' Video »

McDonald's rolled out the "I'm Lovin' It" jingle in 2003 and paid Justin Timberlake $6 million to sing it, the New York Times reported. During an interview with Hot 97's Ebro Darden, Steve Stoute, the CEO of the marketing firm Translation, which created the campaign, divulged that Pusha T was the composer to the addictive jingle.

The campaign was one of Translation's "first big" projects, said Stoute, who previously worked as a record executive at Sony and Interscope. Ebro notched off the "I'm Lovin' It" campaign as one of Stoute's achievements, giving Pharrell and Timberlake credit for the track. Stoute replied: "You know who did that? Pusha T. That's crazy that Pusha T wrote the song to McDonald's!"

In 2002, the Neptunes produced several tracks on Timberlake's first album, Justified, as well as all of Lord Willin', the debut album from the Clipse, the rap duo comprising Pusha T and Malice. The Clipse were even featured on Justified's "Like I Love You." Stoute did not recall the actual figure that Translation received for the song and campaign, he added, "Nobody was upset."

Read more: Pusha T Wrote McDonald's 'I'm Lovin' It' Jingle
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook