So the DMV is the Mecca of pro sports right?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

and this is where you make yourself look stupid...

the original post was in response to some stupid nikka claiming that " you were a broke ass nikka if you couldn't afford some $180 shoes in 1997 "

if you were 16 in HS in 1997..

nearly all kids work minimum wage jobs at that age...cause thats the only shyt they're qualified for.

i clearly stated they'd have to work 40+ hours to even attain the money for the shoes...and in most cases HS kids are legally not allowed to work that many hours in a week.

a 16 year old nikka in HS who bought a pair of pennys without his parents or anyone giving him the money either worked for weeks and saved up for them, or he was selling dope/robbing.

the latter was much more common than the former.

we talking about kids in HS, not grown ass men nikka.

Actually dude and you yourself are saying your broke because you cant even wrap your mind around the fact that at least around here motherfvckas was camping out for shoes. Dont be mad at me for reading between the lines

Yes a fair amount of youngings was copping but most of the people I saw waiting were in the 20-30 range.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
First off minimum wage was in fact 5.15 second most people knew about the 'posites dropping weeks if not months in advance so most cats was saving dough up. I was working part time and had a few side hustles so I was able to cop without hurting my pokets to bad.

first off, the wage went up in september,look it up... and you just bolstered my point..

Actually dude and you yourself are saying your broke because you cant even wrap your mind around the fact that at least around here motherfvckas was camping out for shoes. Dont be mad at me for reading between the lines

Yes a fair amount of youngings was copping but most of the people I saw waiting were in the 20-30 range.

actually im saying that for a kid in HS, it was a lot of effort to cop the shoes... and im talking about in 97, not now... entire crew of broke nikkas got foams now.

ever since jordans first came out, people been camping out for nikes..stop being dumb.

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
nikka they wasnt hot in the 90s

everybody thought they was ugly and overpriced except bmore nikka

yall dusty ass DC nikkas was still wearing reeboks back then

nikka, get the fukk outta here.

D.C. nikkas have been wearing signature Nike's since forever and it's a downright lie for a Baltimore nikka - of all people - to claim otherwise.

Y'all motherfukkers was wearing K-Swiss and blue Timbs when we were rocking Foams.

FOH.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
If the Go Go bands don't shout you out you are NOT DMV...LOL at Tidewater or Bmore being DMV. You would get shot at in those areas just because you claim DMV

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Aight so what's been established:

1. STAN JONES is a wellin ass nikka for tryna say the DMV wasn't up on foams till B-More was. Foams been a DC staple since they came out. Yall rock tall tees, capri's, and hop around the floor to club music. Yall love DC style, it's ok to admit it...:stopitslime:

2. If it were possible, NoVA should be traded for 7 cities, it'd complete the DMV.

3. If we did include all of MD and VA then the thread title would be right.

Steve Blake only kinda count btw, he from GA originally but I heard he was rockin Madness when he went to UMD so that's some real city shyt. If he had on one of them ninja headbands and some fitted jeans with rubber bands on the cuffs then he woulda been straight off the block. :laugh: