So the Kodak Diss on Meltdown Just Went Over Everyone's Head?

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I'll give you the spark notes, you'd have to be from the city to understand some of the context but,

Drake is closeley affiliated with Pressa and the rest of Toronto's Wass Gang, references them in multiple songs (War, Time Flies, etc)

WassGang and SniperGang had lowkey beef which sparked from some s*** involving GS9 and Blixky Gang

Kodak Black sends shots at Drake after Her Loss collab tape, Drake never publicly responded but no one knows what goes on bts

Pressa and Kodak buck eachother in LA, brawl ensues that results in Pressa's camp shooting Kodak in the leg and hitting some next civillian

Online back and forth ensues between WassGang members and SniperGang members for months on end (stories, IG lives, subliminals in songs)

WassGang's Pressa and WhyG take a trip to Paris where they record themselves taunting Kodak from the sidelines of his Fashion Week performance, making jokes about the security presence

Fast forward to today, and Drake finally addresses Kodak's comments with "You lucky that Vogue was suing, 'cause I would've been with the Wassas in Paris and s***"

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
That be the game. Talk shyt here and there but be cool really.

I mean, tbh, I don't even think it's a diss. Kodak and Drake have had a long relationship with Drake just constantly supporting. Kodaks comments were jokes but I do think he was slightly annoyed that feature still ain't happen; but a long step from when Drake first promoted him when he dropped no flocking and nikkas like earl sweatshirt were swearing he was just tryna use him.

I don't think this was aimed towards Kodak at all but definitely aimed at push. Only awkward because of affiliations and while I think Drake might possibly brag about top 5's crew robbing Drama, I don't think he'll support that Kodak shooting at all.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I'm positive he was talking about Push, wasn't his Jim Jones diss song performed at Paris fashion week? You nerds got some long ass arms :heh:
Ya these nikkas love reaching. They could have solved that line with a 2 second google but instead they want to analyze throwaway simple ass lines lol.

He’s talking about the Louis Vuitton show just before that line so it’s not hard to connect the dots.

Drake regularly gets invited to fashion shows. Vogue is suing him and 21 for their fake Vogue cover ahead of that corny trying to go viral stretch ahead of their album launch.

Drake is trying to imply that he was banned from the show in some way. And couldn’t go. When in reality he probably wasn’t invited and that shyt hurt his feelings.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm positive he was talking about Push, wasn't his Jim Jones diss song performed at Paris fashion week? You nerds got some long ass arms :heh:

Explain the video of the Wass goons sitting front row at the Kodak show, Mr Knowitall

:sas1:

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
Explain the video of the Wass goons sitting front row at the Kodak show, Mr Knowitall

:sas1:

I bet when you were eating your honey nut cheerios this morning and this thread idea came into your mind, you told your mom all about it didn't you? :heh:

PatvFoo

Superstar
Daps
naw, He was talkin bout Pusha T. he just performed in Paris a few weeks ago when he diss Jim Jones